Hey, can anyone tell me which key hear my train coming by Jimi Hendrix is in, and how I should go about improvising over it. Thanks
work it out xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Bob TUROTU
thanks for the help

heh heh sorry dont mean to be the way i am xD, try going through all the major scales. probably in G
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
heh heh sorry dont mean to be the way i am xD, try going through all the major scales. probably in G

Ok, thanks, do you know what progression it uses?
Last edited by Bob TUROTU at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by Bob TUROTU
Ok, thanks, do you know what progression it uses?

nupe, usually with a hendrix song i could tell you within seconds, thats why i cant help you xD........because i dont know it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

its pretty much a blues in E. use the E minor blues scale and it should be fine. you could also throw in major pentatonic notes as well. pretty sure theres a tab on this site or a chord and lyric chart. the progression sounds just like E, A and a B7 with a bunch of fills and stuff.
Quote by Bob TUROTU
Ah, fair enough, ill post a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQAG_I1q6I, its a verygood song

Thats awesome!

...and some guy used the word 'tones' to describe how far Jimi had re-tuned in the comments, and some other guy didn't get that 'tone' has more than one meaning. So they had a little tiff about it, how funny.