hey im planning on buying an explorer this year but the problem is i dont know wich one the options are
GIBSON explorer 78
ESP explorer
ESP LTD EX 400 BD
ESP LTD EX 50
epiphone gothic explorer
richwood explorer

wich would u buy and why

my gear now is
ESP LTD EC-100
washburn kc-20v
fender squire strat
adonis 15W amp(it sucks)
proel wah wah pedal
Boss MT-2 metal distortion
I'd personally invest the money into getting a decent amp. You can continue to buy all the guitars you want, but you'll never get a serious tone without getting a decent amp first.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
gibson is better than the epi or richwood, but i have no idea about the esp's or esp ltd
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Yeah, an amp is what you really want.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
^ hes rite
but if it was metal i would go with an esp but not the ltd 50 because they have sum weird buzz that only stops if you toch the tone nob dont no why like
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
Quote by AlGeeEater
I'd personally invest the money into getting a decent amp. You can continue to buy all the guitars you want, but you'll never get a serious tone without getting a decent amp first.

Chris

+1
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by AlGeeEater

Chris

tru dat
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
New amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i know i need a new amp im gona buy that first but dont same prob as guitar wich one
marshall AS 50 R
50watts amp 2channals

marshall MG 100 DFX
100watts amp 2channels

fame mini half stack t 64 RS
65 watts amp 2channels and a tube in pre amp
whats up with the mg???
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat
boss mt-2 metal distortion
adonis 15watts amp(sucks)
+1 for the amp. Get a good combo, maybe a peavey or marshall. Amps are like 85% of your tone anyways. But if I was to go with a guitar go with the Gibson. I love my explorer, it plays just as nice as my friends 76' les paul custom. However, the ESP explorer's are quite nice. I'm not a big fan of the LTD's though. They are way off balance and the cleans are not the greatest. Good luck!
joshuaestock.com
Why don't you check out the Vox AD50VT amps? Any specific genre/style you like to play? That could help a lot with amp selection. I'd take tube amps over solid state amps for anything though. The Vox's are hybrid amps, but they still sound decent. Do you have a price range?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Def get the Gibson explorer. You wont find the Gibson sound anywhere else. But also, do NOT get the MG halfstack. Save up for a nice tube combo.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

The Gibson is by far the best all rounder, so if you don't play mostly metal go for the Gibson, but if you do play metal, get one of the ESPs, but I'm not sure which one
The Gibson will definitely do metal...even with the stock pickups.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

well i play lots and lots of metallica but thins like black sabbath and and acdc as well i have a price range of around $500for the amp and around $1500 for the guitar
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat
Then I highly doubt you're going to get a Gibson for 500...unless you find a really good deal on Ebay.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

no 500 was for the amp 1500 for guitar :p
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat
Spending $1,000 on a guitar, and $1,000 on an amp is a better idea. You already have 3 guitars, one of which you could sell for some cash. For about $900, you can get a Vox Vox AC15CC1X, Peavy XXX or a Peavey Classic 50/212. They'd suit your styles pretty good, the Vox being awesome for classic rock tones.

Chris
Quote by AlGeeEater
Why don't you check out the Vox AD50VT amps? Any specific genre/style you like to play? That could help a lot with amp selection. I'd take tube amps over solid state amps for anything though. The Vox's are hybrid amps, but they still sound decent. Do you have a price range?

Chris

Yeah, they are great for a wide variety of music sytles. Of course I'm bias because I have one :P

As for the guitar I'd go with the Gibson Explorer

Good luck
Quote by AlGeeEater
Spending $1,000 on a guitar, and $1,000 on an amp is a better idea. You already have 3 guitars, one of which you could sell for some cash. For about $900, you can get a Vox Vox AC15CC1X, Peavy XXX or a Peavey Classic 50/212. They'd suit your styles pretty good, the Vox being awesome for classic rock tones.

Chris

wich of my guitars is worth$900???
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat
^^he said that you should divide your money differently between guitar and amp.
spend more money on amp, and less on guitar. btw, i heard the epi korina explorers are nice. you might wanna check those out...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
if you could afford an ESP Explorer, then get an EX-400, and get a Marshall DSL401 or something, that would be a damn good rig.
Don't get the Marshall MG or the AS, the mg has a crap tone, the AS is an Acoustic Amplifier I believe.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by dark p4l4din
whats up with the mg???

The Marshall MG is a box with bees in side of it.

No, really!
well the esp ex 400 is onley$900 so i got $1100 for amp wil take a while though have to work for it first
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat