i got a new guitar for xmas, fender classic 50's and i finding im not like how i used to be. i used to learn things all the time now im just not in the mood, i know you might say its a new guitar it takes time to get used to it (well its been 2-3 weeks since christmas)

the guitar also has a V neck, while my old one didnt.
just give it time
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Maybe you don't like the neck??? That's what it sounds like. Actually, the guitar shouldn't do anything to lessen your motivation. You still have you old one right? Learn new stuff on that if it makes you feel better. I've never had this problem so I don't know.
Signatures are too mainstream
listen to some inspirational music, like steve vai or something. or listen to bands u havent heard before (good ones obviously lol) stuff like that...
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Listen to Van Halen - Hot For Teacher - Try that and realise your lust for music.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Listen to Van Halen - Hot For Teacher - Try that and realise your lust for music.

^^ Now that has one hell of a cool intro. If only I was good enough to play it xD
I go in and out of phases of wanting to learn new things, maybe just cool it for awhile and wait for that desire to come back.
-_0
If you like the sound, feel, and look of the Classic 50's strat, replace the neck for a more comfortable neck. You'll probably like the guitar better then.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
well it alrdy cost alot of money, i think replacin the neck would cost me even more
wel let me gues it has a v neck is it a dean? if yes stick with your old one cause dean sucks
My gear
ESP LTD EC-100
Washburn kc 20 v
fender squire strat
boss mt-2 metal distortion
adonis 15watts amp(sucks)
Quote by dark p4l4din
wel let me gues it has a v neck is it a dean? if yes stick with your old one cause dean sucks

XD

He said its a fender, and V neck doesnt mean V as in flying V, and dean doesnt suck I play a dean baby V and its great (Ibanez come next mondy, Yeah! >__>

Self contradiction rocks!
Well im guessing that you are just bored. Youve been home from school for 2 weeks now, and youve played most all of this time. Again im just guessing, cause thats what up with me lately. So just take a break. When school starts again, you will get the drive back.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help