Anyone had any experience using one for vocals? I'm interested in knowing to keep my voice sounding good. Also, can they be used live?
Nobody suggest learning to sing either or I may have to decapitate you. Im like that.
Anyone had any experience using one for vocals? I'm interested in knowing to keep my voice sounding good. Also, can they be used live?
Nobody suggest learning to sing either or I may have to decapitate you. Im like that.

Learn ot sing....i'm intrigued by the concept of e-decapitation

To be honest I'm pretty sure they're limited in their application. If you're slightly off they can compensate, but they can't do much if you simply can't sing unless you're into serious high-level studio equipment. More to the point, do you really want to sound like Victoria Beckham?

If you're looking into those you might as well pre-record your guitar tracks and mime, just to be safe.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Most definitely! I'm just curious tbh but I think it would be really good to try out. Im planning a glam rock/hair metal band so the camper the better!
So im guessing nobody else has any experience with them?
They're only good if you can sing already. You need to be able to carry a melody, as it tracks your voice and then compensates to hold it to the note. It isn't the magic answer to a bad singer, it's a tool to make a intermediate singer better.

I've only heard of them being used in professional recording studios, as there's a lot more work that needs to be done to the vocals once they're coming through an auto tuner so it doesn't sound so artificial. Certainly any of the studio's i've been in have never had them, and I certainly wouldn't want to pay an engineer to use one as I simply couldn't afford it.

In essence, an auto tuner is one of the many tools in producing music professionally, not something that can be used on it's own and without good knowledge of production, mastering, eq'ing and recording techniques.
Well thats cleared things up. I've always wondered what they did really.