OK, so my band's been together for about 2 months now and we still dont have a name that we can all agree on. We play blues rock/ heavy rock. Anyone got any tips on picking names?
Thanks, Ciaran.
Just pick something that sounds cool and has special meaning for all of you..?
Quote by The Leader
Same difference? Meaning its differences are exactly alike, and are parallel in opposite? So they have the exact same thing wrong with them. Two identical twins have scars, but the scars are in the exact same place, so their differences are the same.
Yeah, you really should make it for yourself. I've never seen a band say "Yes, well, our name was picked by some dude on the internet. So it means nothing, really."
I like to think that the band name will find the band. Just keep playing then after some experiance or whatever, you'll be like that's a good name.

Or you could call yourself Led Maiden.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I think you should be Some Lame Band. That's what I wanted to be, but no one wanted to use the name...
Get the first letters of your names and figure something out...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by SummertimeBlues
OK, so my band's been together for about 2 months now and we still dont have a name that we can all agree on. We play blues rock/ heavy rock. Anyone got any tips on picking names?
Thanks, Ciaran.

F.A.G?
You could take a short quote or phrase from a famous book/film/poem. A lot of bands use that method. An example is The Doors, taken from The Doors of Perception, which is actually a William Blake quote AND a book.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
You could take a short quote or phrase from a famous book/film/poem. A lot of bands use that method. An example is The Doors, taken from The Doors of Perception, which is actually a William Blake quote AND a book.

Actuallly its not. Jim Morrison said they came up with the name because "There is the known, and the unknown. A door separates the two. That what we wanna be. The door between the known and the unknown"

I got that from the book Noone Here Gets Out Alive, biography of Jim Morrison.
How about "Summertime blues?"
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions!
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
1243824tyrguehkblzdf
If you did that, I'd praise you.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
how about the BASBU

BAD ASS SEARCH BUTTON USERS!!!!!

Fuck, oh I guess you can't use that now can you??
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Barefoot Waders

I dunno - I just came up with it. Just don't do what I did with my previous band and take the name of a shipping company.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
si o si que
insert accent on i in first si, and e in que.

means "yes or if what" in spanish =]. Oh and something else in phonetics.
Quote by SummertimeBlues
Thanks, Ciaran.

I actually think that would be a pretty good band name, if you pronounce how I'm thinking.

Of course, it is awfully pretentious to name the band after yourself...
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
just open a book and stab blindly at a random word, and use that. repeat as often as necessary. some examples this turned up for me:

smudged blood
assembly had
rotten at home
too much
ghost wind

(Lord of the Flies)
Quote by SummertimeBlues
Thanks, Ciaran.

My band has been playing for two years together (I joined 1 year ago, however) and can't agree on a name yet. No tips from me.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
indeed...literature is the best way to go...find some good books and then draw some very nice qoutes from them and use powerful words within them