Okay, I've done my research on chord compatibilty, and I think I've pretty much got it down. I just have one simple question. Are more chords compatible that meets the eye? I learned the whole thing for the major scale (major chord, minor, minor, major, major... etc.), but really you can use any chord with the notes of the scale right? For example, I was screwing around with C# phrygian, simply because I know the A major scal and its modes like that back of my hand. so any way, i was screwing a round and I played a Asus2 chord (is that the correct name, or a correct name, for this: A B E?). Any way, this more clarification than a question, but thanks for your help any way.
"Are more chords compatible that meets the eye?"

Certainly are. Chords that don't appear to be in the same key on paper can be surprisingly pleasing. Oh yeah, and that is Asus2.
Thanks for the help... kinda weird the the chord i was looking at was A B E and your name is Abe...
Ha, yeah. I make sure I use it in every song I write.

Quote by Abe
Ha, yeah. I make sure I use it in every song I write.

Your name, woah thats weird
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^Greek people have names like Stratos.. That's weird!

To answer the thread: Chord chemistry is unlimited. Really, unlimited.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Well yes, you can use reverse polarity chords, and instead of doggedly ssticking to a Major chord for the 1st degree, then using the Minor etc. you can basically use any chord as long as it is major or minor sounding (depending on the degree). for example in a progression of I-III-IV in C (C, Em, F), you could use Cmaj7, Em7, Fadd9, for example.