maybe this should be in the religion thread but ima try it here......so i know this guitar player, a damn good one old metal style with awesome solos, hes just really really good....anyways, i know the singer from his band and the singer guy didnt hear from the guitarist in about a year. so the guitarist called him and said he cant play the music anymore cause he 'born again' and its against his believe, even if the music wasnt evil or hateful.....i know what born again is, but whats the process, i never get an answer, it is somthing they do in church? and does that really do go against metal style music even if the songs arent evil or whatever?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you

what?
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
dude that is so fu cked up! he cant do what he wants cuz hes a born again? these crazy religious requirements no offense but seriously..he should do what he wants
Born again means he became a Christian. I don't think that should stop him from playing metal or whatever. I'm a Christian and I see nothing wrong with playing whatever genre of music I feel like.
I'm a born again atheist...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by holybassbatman!
Born again means he became a Christian. I don't think that should stop him from playing metal or whatever. I'm a Christian and I see nothing wrong with playing whatever genre of music I feel like.

Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
heavy distortion= satin duh
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Ya, born again is just saying that he is a Christian. I am one, and I find nothing with music that isnt evil. If they are praising satan and all that stuff, thats wrong. But it doesnt really make sense that he is doing that. Some people have different beliefs even within the same religion. Often times we call these gray areas. Whats fine for one person, isnt always right for others. And in this case, this guy realizes his own limits, and does what he think is right. But the guy better turn to jazz.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Religion is fucking stupid and anyone who lets it control their lives like if they're some sort of puppet is a fucking retard.

'Nuff said.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
It is unfair that some people say "I'm a Christian and I have no problem with it, he's just an idiot" or anything like that. Besides what the Bible actually teaches, a lot is a matter of concience (sp?). Some Christians don't feel that they should drink alcohol, but it is not forbidden. Jesus drank alcohol. However, some born again believers feel that they should not drink.

The same thing goes for metal. If he doesnt want to play metal anymore, then get off his back let him do what he wants.
Feed him to the lions, he's useless now.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Hmm...Sounds to me like he might've just made it up to get out of a band that he didn't want to play with anymore. I don't know him though, so, yeah.
I also know a fellow who was an incredible guitarist who, after becoming a born-again Christian, quit playing rock, and guitar in general. Instead, he took up the violin, and now he's an incredible violinist.

Yeah, some people do take it to the extreme, but that's not to say that all do. I was born again at one point, but I didn't feel compelled to give up rock music. Others do. I think it depends on what the individual's conscience is telling them.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
Quote by shreddin_frets
JIMI HENDRIX SATAN!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!

yup he is satan and god in one, which proves guitar begins and ends with Jimi
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you