what would you reccomend for me to learn to shred. like what is the easiest shred. i wanna learn to shred but i cant just go to some yngwie malmsteen tab and spend years trying to do it. i wanna start easy and gradually move up. it doesnt have to be a song. just exersices that will help me.

suggestions???

Umm I have no idea... Maybe Scarified by Racer X? That's a pretty easy shred song, I think.
speed mechanics for lead guitar by troy stetina.

you honestly won't regret it. its one of the best shred books EVER
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
if you have a fast connection, definatly check out www.guitarshredshow.com i was at that stage once and had the same question. luckly i found that site , which through some really wierd animation introduces awesome concepts and an indroduction to shred style guitar
I would stop with having shred as a goal. You can't become fast by doing Excersises, speed goes allong with years of experience.
Anyway if you are selfished and stil want to excersise your speed: try flight of the bumblebee
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
Quote by lead_zeppelin
I would stop with having shred as a goal. You can't become fast by doing Excersises, speed goes allong with years of experience.
Anyway if you are selfished and stil want to excersise your speed: try flight of the bumblebee

No? Thats like saying learning an Yngwie song would take months. Once you get to a certain point in technical proficiency, you will pick up ALL songs fairly quickly, without having to do each pattern over and over to get it up to speed. Nowadays, it can take me 2 days at most to learn an Yngwie type shred song, 3 notes per string.

Some good songs for you are:
Flight of the Bumblebee, Arpeggios from Hell, and Demonheart by Luca Turilli.