Crate=Snap Crackle Pop
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
it depends on what you like, from past experience, crate amps are good for clean music, no distortion

I have a Crate MX10 or something like that, and I get the opposite results >_> Maybe I'm just not putting stuff on the right settings, but I don't know.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
it depends on what you like, from past experience, crate amps are good for clean music, no distortion
The guy out of System of A Down uses Crate amps
the crate blue voodoo is a good amp series, it just depends on what you like, i think marty friedman from megadeth used the blue voodoo, if it wasnt him it was one of thier other guitarists thru the years
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
crates arn't too great on distortion(unless u got a pedal) but I like the cleans
04 Ibanez RG220B with jackson bridge humbucker
I played through a crate blue voodoo halfstack at a gig and jesus christ it was awesome, huge fat crunch and I liked the cleans to I dont know how to describe it but I think it the volume was up pretty high so I get that might have been me experiencing a cranked tube amp or something lol
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
palomino and v series are great for the price you pay
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by GuitarHero0715

I used to have a Crate GT65... I remember i hated the clean and kind of liked the heaviest distortion you can get out of it.. It wasnt no good if you were playing any besides metal.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
I don't like the cleans on the Crate my friend has.. and the distortion isn't too bad.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I own a Crate VTX30. It's alright for what I payed. The distortion isn't EXTREME but it isn't oh em gee gay. I put my Digitech Death Metal pedal through it and with a few EQ adjustments got what I wanted. I like the effects it has, too. Cleans are awesome until you get really REALLY loud with it.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.