Heres the story behind the song Rooster. Iv seen people wondering what its about so here it is. Also i would love if someone could find a video of AIC and Cantrell's father on stage at that gig that is mentioned.

"Rooster" is a popular single by the grunge group Alice in Chains. The single came out in 1993 and is featured on their second official full-length album Dirt. The song was written for guitarist Jerry Cantrell's father, who served in the Vietnam War. The music video featured brutality and violence visually reminiscent of Apocalypse Now. Cantrell's father was a member of the 101st Airborne, who wore patches on their arms featuring a bald eagle. There are no bald eagles in Vietnam, so the Vietnamese referred to them as roosters.

Jerry Cantrell on the song, from the liner notes of 1999's Music Bank box set collection: "It was the start of the healing process between my Dad and I from all that damage that Vietnam caused. This was all my perception of his experiences out there. The first time I ever heard him talk about it was when we made the video and he did a 45 minute interview with Mark Pellington and I was amazed he did it. He was totally cool, totally calm, accepted it all and had a good time doing it. It even brought him to the point of tears. It was beautiful. He said it was a weird experience, a sad experience and he hoped that nobody else had to go through it."

Later comments: "I think there's some vibe on the demo that maybe we didn't get here (on Dirt), but this has something all of its own... quality for one thing."

Cantrell's father joined Alice in Chains during "Rooster" on stage for the Sept. 30, 2006 show in Tulsa.

Thanks to Wikipedia.com
Well al i can say is the song hits home to many.My dads a factory worker an he has a friend named gino who was in "nam".Big burley guy.But He can be brought to tears when eather this song or metallicas one is played.Kinda Weird that a song can spark so much emotion huh?But if it can touch some one like him,then thats the mark of a truely great song.
Quote by DownInAHole.
AiC thread....anyone?

Sdfu....anyone? AIC thread is for discussing AIC. This thread is for discussing Rooster.
which is a ****ing AIC song, hence, AIC thread
Last edited by Alucard II at Jan 7, 2007,
why is it n00bs have to be spas?
take this to the AIC thread or piss off
Last edited by Alucard II at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by Alucard II
why is it n00bs have to be spas?
take this to the AIC thread or piss off

How does i moov eet to da AIC formu.
copy what you wrote here, and post it in the AIC thread. then edit the original post here and you can delete the thread

sounds kinda gay and "ooooh obey the rules", but if you stick around here you'll understand why
Quote by DownInAHole.
I know. The dude joined today and is acting like WE don't know the rules.

Hmm shaut ya mouth bitch.
lets make alot of trouble out of nothing shall we?

edit: big deal out of nothing
trouble out of nothing
whatever.
^
Rest in peace Layne Staley... omg how i love him!!!
Is there anywhere a grunge thread or somethin like that?
The cemetery lights up again
As in ancient times
Fallen souls die behind my steps
By following the freezing moon