my band are playing at a party for our friend in a couple of months and we can't think of some decent songs.

most of the people that will be there like modern proper rock music (foo fighters,etc) and hardcore punk (NO BLINK, they'll kill us).

any ideas?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-G400
Yamaha APX-500
Marshall MG50DFX

Aerosmith @ Hyde Park Calling 24/06/07
The Who @ Wembley Arena 26/06/07

everlong - foo fighters
black dog - zepp
some rise against?
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Probably some well known stuff, AC/DC, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, then the stuff they like, such as foo foghters (which is the only badn you gave that they like)
som exploited, anti nowhere league?
no one knows - QOTSA
flogging molly =]

+1 to rise against
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
DId you not see, modern rock, and hardcore punk, AC/DC and Zepplin doesnt fit into tho categories. Id say pull out some black flag, maybe TV Party or White Minority or some Clash or Ramones like Animal Boy or Beat on the Brat. NOFX would be good party music. (Linolieum, Bob, Party Boots)
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Play "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's then jump in the pool... works every time. Use lots of Wah to keep the song interesting because the original version of Rock Lobster might go over peoples heads.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Start it off with smells like teen spirit, cause EVERYONE knows that song, and its fun to play. But be sure to play something that requires talent after that, cause ppl will think your shit if you just play that and some other power chord songs. +1 to QOTSA and Rise against. My hero by foo fighters is pretty sick too.
like the angel by rise against ofc... everyone knows it, and the solo kills ^^

if you play god save the queen somewhat faster (pistols!) and change the solo a bit everyone looooves it as well
Last edited by bornfidelity at Jan 7, 2007,
play joke and the theif by wolfmother. thats a really cool songs with cool riffs
Girls girls girls by motley crue. sure its not modern, but i guarantee everyone will know it and will go crazy, atleast thats been my experience even with a crowd of emos.
some incubus? they do have some easy songs
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
Quote by TheCalvinator
Girls girls girls by motley crue. sure its not modern, but i guarantee everyone will know it and will go crazy, atleast thats been my experience even with a crowd of emos.

Nuff said
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by TheCalvinator

haha thas a dirtyass tune but if they want more punk try

the clash
ramones
black flag
maybe some cheap trick?
and if you wanna play motley try some stuff off "too fast for love"

and for modern stuff, look at the top 40 charts for popular rock songs
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i suggest GGG from the crue also cause its played in drop d not d tuning, so if you dont have more than one guitar or have to deal with the hassle of downtuning a whole step for most/all crue songs you dont have to.
Old School Chili Peppers ftw

Definately Me and My Friends, Get Up And Jump, and others.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
You should do something silly, like the mario brothers theme.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
AC/DC is the ultimate rock out band. Im sure it'd be a good song to play at a party, stuff like Back in Black.
go with some ZZ Top
-Sharp Dressed Men
-La Grange
-Gimmie all your lovin'
and to finalize the party...
-tush
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
a song called "June Bug" by a band called the Melvins, its short sweet and instrumental. Whenever I play it everyone gets really into it, the melvins were one of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain's key influences in writing punk-based grunge so its really good
So What By Anti Nowhere League is a great party song! just make sure everyones had a few drinks first and theyl think ur gods. The Metallica cover version is probably better than the original so go with that. Or Rock Lobster
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II