Ok I never realised anyone paid so much attention to links in people's signatures.

My music myspace page was getting dozens of hits and about 30 plays every day a while ago. Then I got banned from UG for undisclosed reasons and this went down to about one play per day. I had a link in my signature.

At that point I suspected that it may be a coincidence even though the timing was suspicious. However, my ban just expired and I've been posting for about an hour or so and have had like 15 plays.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
Sounds interesting - I may have to do this too if it increases the amount of new listeners to one's band.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
this is definately a wonderful site. if it was not for UG i would not be where I am today in my guitar playing
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by dazzler16
Not really surprizing so why were you banned???

From reading that I just had to click your sig

I posted in a thread that had already been reported. Twice. Makes murder seem like nothing, doesn't it? I am so definitely going to hell.

And yeah this was partly just a sly trick to draw attention to my sig.
Quote by Malakian88
And yeah this was partly just a sly trick to draw attention to my sig.

I thought it might be.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Yeah, I got tons of plays from a link to my myspace, which basically had shitty recorded songs me and a friend did for fun

I dunno how well the link there now is doing
ill definetly check out your band^^^ im in need of listening to new music

EDIT: i like crimson waters...good beat and guitar riffs
No one has cared to even rate our song in my link, so I guess either people ignore it or don't like it.

It's far easier to get responses in real life, at least for me it is.
Since starting this thread my play count has rocketed even more. I'm worried I'm gonna get yelled at for promoting my music in the wrong thread.
Quote by Malakian88
Since starting this thread my play count has rocketed even more. I'm worried I'm gonna get yelled at for promoting my music in the wrong thread.

I haven't actually clicked it yet...
Quote by Renka
No one has cared to even rate our song in my link, so I guess either people ignore it or don't like it.

It's far easier to get responses in real life, at least for me it is.

Make your link big and noticeable.
hey dude i love love the bass in artcturus...awesome you should make this available for download i would download it
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
hey dude i love love the bass in artcturus...awesome you should make this available for download i would download it

Aaargh, stupid myspace. It is meant to be available for download, it certainly used to be. Myspace changed the setting somehow. I will change it back right now.

Edit: Done. I think it may have been my mistake. I probably forgot to re-check the box when I last uploaded the newest recordings of the song.
Last edited by Malakian88 at Jan 7, 2007,
well it does say check it or die, maybe people are afraid if they dont click theyll die?
Quote by alliwant
OK, I made a bet witht his guy I know, and I lost...I now have to swallow my own man juice...is there any risk like could I get any diseases from doing this? I'm a virgin so I have no STDs...I don't think...

Answers quickly please!

I can picture everyone changing their sigs to draw more attention.

...I already have.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by Malakian88
Make your link big and noticeable.

Huh, you know what? That isn't a half bad idea actually.
I will, thanks bro (yes, I noticed the "bro-thread")!
Quote by Andjustice.....
well it does say check it or die, maybe people are afraid if they dont click theyll die?

YES.

CLICK THE LINK NOW OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH.