VH1 has this list with the "40 greatest metal songs".Not only is it really unoriginal but since when is kiss, quiet riot, scorpions, guns n roses etc metal? They had songs like rock you like a hurricane and paradise city on the list.

Those are good songs sure but since when is it metal, its júst good old hardrok and when they call music like that metal it makes u wonder if they have anything even similar to a brain. 90% of the songs on the list followed the same ´pattern, good rock hitsongs but they didnt have anything to do with metal, sure guys like acdc and kiss inspired alot of metalheads to write good and sucky metalsongs but they are NOT metal, its just good/bad hardrock whatever is ur fancy. I shouldnt be upset because since when has MTV, VH1 or rolling stones magazine been right about anything but i just cant help it. It makes me furious when the ignorant fools calls something metal when its hardrock. Metallica is metal im sure we all can agree about that.'

Iron maiden sure metal absolutely, Slayer ofcourse. Anthrax sure, judas priest? The majority of what they have done is hardrock not metal. Same with ACDC only they havent done any metal its just good bluesy hardrock. Gahh im furious, noone who can understand me?
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
They are Heavy Metal or Hair metal that list is not about actual real straight up Metal cos then it would be just dominated by Metallica and the Metal Gods Maiden

and Its MTV/VH1 what the hell do you expect Scandenavian death metal
post the list
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by dazzler16
They are Heavy Metal or Hair metal that list is not about actual real straight up Metal cos then it would be just dominated by Metallica and the Metal Gods Maiden

and Its MTV/VH1 what the hell do you expect Scandenavian death metal

I dont expect much since its mtv and vh1 but i do except them to categorize the list correctly. IF they would have called it a hardrock/metal list then fine, i wouldnt have agreed with what was on the list but sure atleast its hardrock and metal. Bands like van halen and faith no more isnt metal not even close to it.
Quote by Bajs
Iron maiden sure metal absolutely, Slayer ofcourse. Anthrax sure, judas priest? The majority of what they have done is hardrock not metal. Same with ACDC only they havent done any metal its just good bluesy hardrock. Gahh im furious, noone who can understand me?

Are you kidding me? This is a joke, right?
Breaking the Law Judas Priest

I'm Eighteen Alice Cooper

Balls to the Wall Accept

Smoke on the Water Deep Purple

Wait and Bleed Slipknot

Metal Health Quiet Riot

Paranoid Black Sabbath

High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night) Def Leppard

Thunder Kiss '65 White Zombie

Rock You Like a Hurricane Scorpions

Epic Faith No More
Caught in a Mosh Anthrax

The Beautiful People Marilyn Manson

Run to the Hills Iron Maiden

Refuse/Resist Sepultura

Cowboys From Hell Pantera

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap AC/DC

Freak on a Leash Korn

Enter Sandman Metallica

Paradise City Guns N' Roses

I Wanna Rock Twisted Sister
Man in the Box Alice in Chains

Slave to the Grind Skid Row

Live Wire [Kick A** '91 Remix] Mötley Crüe

Walk Pantera

Bulls on Parade Rage Against the Machine

Toxicity System of a Down

Rainbow in the Dark Dio

Bring the Noise Anthrax

Peace Sells Megadeth

Ace of Spades Motörhead
Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne

Raining Blood Slayer

The Number of the Beast Iron Maiden

Detroit Rock City Kiss

You've Got Another Thing Comin' Judas Priest

Back in Black AC/DC

Master of Puppets Metallica

Welcome to the Jungle Guns N' Roses

Iron Man Black Sabbath
Quote by westo

haha

And how come the greatest songs ever list only ever contains songs that have music videos to them

That always pisses me off
Gun's n Roses and AC/DC could be considered metal. They came earlier, before stuff like slayer came along and started being /really/ obnoxious. They were like, the original metal, some even call Zeppelin metal...

It's all in how you define the word
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i Meant to´say that a majority of what they have done is metal
Guns n roses werent really early at all, late eighties, both iron maiden hade been out there rockin since the beginning of the 90: s. Not to mention bands like death and morbid angel etc, slayer etc etc. But sure acdc but as i said im sure they are an inspiration to alot of metal bands but they arnt metal, some of their music isnt even hardrock its just gritty dirty bluesrock
Quote by Bajs
Guns n roses werent really early at all, late eighties, both iron maiden hade been out there rockin since the beginning of the 90: s. Not to mention bands like death and morbid angel etc, slayer etc etc. But sure acdc but as i said im sure they are an inspiration to alot of metal bands but they arnt metal, some of their music isnt even hardrock its just gritty dirty bluesrock

(both iron maiden and metallica i meant to say)
I didnt mean that thats only the stuff that should be on the list i just wanted to make it clear that there were alot of heavý bands out there
Quote by hamish5178
Gun's n Roses and AC/DC could be considered metal. They came earlier, before stuff like slayer came along and started being /really/ obnoxious. They were like, the original metal, some even call Zeppelin metal...

It's all in how you define the word

Slayer had released 3 albums before guns n roses even released their first cd so no guns n roses wasnt earlier as u said. But sure if u think they are obnoxious its up to u cant argue about peoples taste in music
*goes and reads wikipedia articles on Guns n roses and Metal*
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by westo

I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by Bajs
(both iron maiden and metallica i meant to say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajs

80:s i mean