What is better to get? I going to receive my $1,200.00 on March from PayPal because they locked my account. And Im debating whether to spend that money for a new computer or an electric guitar.

If I do get an electric guitar with it, what brand should I go for? I already have a pretty good amp but I dont think that will do well on a $1000.00 guitar. What do you guys think?

Should I upgrade my amp then? if I do, then I'd be paying only like $600.00 for the guitar and $600.00 for the amp which is just the same cost as the amp I have right now.

If I do plan to spend all of it on a guitar, what should I buy? I know that March is a long time from now and they might have new guitars and better ones coming out, but its better to get opinions right now (I think) hehe.

I was thinking of getting a Carvin but I dont know if they are really worth it and since you can't test it first before you buy one. Unless you probably go to the place where they manufacture the guitars or there might be stores that has them somewhere in California but thats too far away from me as I'm here in Washington.

Anyway. Are Carvin guitars really that great quality? Better then Schecter, Ibanez, Yamaha, Epiphone, Fender? Or do you just get the same quality as you paid for. In other words, whats the best guitar out there that has the best quality for the money you pay for?

I prefer Solid Body Guitars, Humbucker Pickups, and the best wood that a guitar has to offer for a reasonable price.

Any suggestions? Or should I save the money till I have about $4k and spend 2k each on the guitar and amp?
Well you have 3 months till you get this guitar. So hmm, you say you like solidbody guitars with humbuckers. LP maybe??? And if you have a good amp, Id say to buy a good guitar. maybe even just an american strat. I am a sucker for the classic guitars but ya. March is a ways away yet.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
Well you have 3 months till you get this guitar. So hmm, you say you like solidbody guitars with humbuckers. LP maybe??? And if you have a good amp, Id say to buy a good guitar. maybe even just an american strat. I am a sucker for the classic guitars but ya. March is a ways away yet.

Ye, I would have thought so too. Im going back to the Philippines on June and Im thinking of buying the guitar there as they are much cheaper in there (I think). I heard the most expensive and really really good quality guitar they have is only around $1000.00 but I'd have to see if its really that good.