so im trying to make a chord progression using the G myxolydian scale, and so it should look like this, right?

G A B C D E F G
I ii iii IV V vi vii viii

and i figured id do something like

e c d b e g d e for a chord progression. and if i used the scale to make the chords it should end up making the g major, a minor, b minor, c major, d major, etc. but the only difference between that and the c major scale is that the d is major in the G myxolydian, and the F is minor in the g myxolydian. so does that mean if i want the progression to be based off of the G myxolydian instead of the C major scale, i have to use those chords, or there's no difference? and then when soloing over the progression, if i used the G myxolydian mode, it would sound like i was playing like an ionian mode because all the notes in the scale fit the chords exactly right? so i'd have to use a different mode like the G aeolian or something, right? not saying the aeolian would be my best bet, i was just using it as an example. if im totally wrong on this, an in depth correction would be greatly appreciated, as well as a slap in the face to clear my head.
The chords would be: G major - A minor - B diminished - C major - D minor - E minor - F major

It probably sounds ionian because you're playing it over a C major progression. Try playing it over a G7 chord and see how it sounds.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
so i make the types of chords by going by the C major scale?

You just look at the notes and count up in thirds.
You have : GABCDEF

So...

GBD - G major
ACE - A minor
BDF - B diminished
CEG - C major
DFA - D minor
EGB - E minor
FAC - F major
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
well yea, but seeing as all the intervals of the G myxolydian scale are the same as the C major scale, its practically the same thing. so anyway, after constructing the chords, how does the fact that they are made from the G myxolydian scale affect which scales i should use to solo over them?
Quote by Archeo Avis
You just look at the notes and count up in thirds.
You have : GABCDEF

So...

GBD - G major
ACE - A minor
BDF - B diminished
CEG - C major
DFA - D minor
EGB - E minor
FAC - F major

W8, i always thought it goes

major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished?

I, ii,iii, IV, V, vi, vii*
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
well yea, but seeing as all the intervals of the G myxolydian scale are the same as the C major scale, its practically the same thing. so anyway, after constructing the chords, how does the fact that they are made from the G myxolydian scale affect which scales i should use to solo over them?

It depends on what chords you are using.

Like Archeo said, if you play G Mixolydian over a G7 chord, it'll give you that Mixoludian sound, but if you are playing over a progression that is based around C, then it'll give an Ionian sound.
Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
W8, i always thought it goes

major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished?

I, ii,iii, IV, V, vi, vii*

We're not talking about the major scale, we're talking about mixolydian.