K so i've have been looking at new amps lately. Currently i have a crappy line 6 spider 15W.
Its my birthday soon and ive been looking at the Marshall AVT50x (the combo not the head)
and i think its a pretty good amp for the money from what ive seen so far. Im wondering if anyone has tryed it and can tell me if its really good or not.
I play Neo-Classical and some Metal and I need a nice amp to go with my LANDMINE DISTORTION PEDAL!

Im basicly looking to get a nice Joe Satriani like sound like sort of rockish and good for some nice sweeping.

For a better idea of the sound im trying to get...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwv3NQwjEVc

HELP WOULD BE STRONGLY APPRECIATED!

I Play:
Pantera
iron maiden
Yngwie Malmsteen
Michael Angelo
Joe Satriani
Steve vai
.....and all that good stuff

My Gear:
LANDMINE DISTORTION PEDAL http://www.landminepedals.com/
Ibanez RG370dx
Line 6 spider II 15w
avoid that amp like the plaque, and whats youre budget you could ptobly get a nice small tube combo for that sort of money
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
^ Exactly.

Do NOT buy the AVT, while it may sound alright when you first play it, you will grow to hate that excuse of an amp with a passion. The distortion is weak, thin, and muddy, and the cleans are just barely passable. I speak from experience.

Like Chris said, you could buy a decent tube combo for the same price, which would blow the avt out of the water. And don't be fooled by the tube in the preamp, that's just a gimmick. It is completely solid state.

AVT's are crap get a nice tube combo, such as a used Peavey 5150 or a Marshall JCM900.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
avoid that amp like the plaque, and whats youre budget you could ptobly get a nice small tube combo for that sort of money

Seconded, it'll be bad enough having a crappy tone without having tooth decay to worry about too...

Gabel talks sense, assuming you're in the US. If you want a used 5150 in the UK you normally have to mortgage a kidney or two...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I forgot to mention my budget sorry!!! Anyways my budget is about $500 Canadian or less, and im looking for a 30w-60w amp that i could use for practise and to also be loud enough for a small gig if i need it.

Again my budget is about $500....So please dont suggest expensive stacks and stuff, thanks.

Keep em coming!
Last edited by ibanlezbians at Jan 7, 2007,

Quote by steven seagull
Seconded, it'll be bad enough having a crappy tone without having tooth decay to worry about too...

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I would like to suggest the Peavey Valveking...the one i am talkin about is 50 watts and its tube...and just slightly under 500 Canadian. That amo would blow away the Marshall in a second....and can get those throaty tones ur looking for with the Land mine pedal. I did the mistake of falling for the Marshall name and got screwed over....after a couple days i knew I made a wrong decision.
Quote by steven seagull

Gabel talks sense, assuming you're in the US. If you want a used 5150 in the UK you normally have to mortgage a kidney or two...

yeah, the avt isn't good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
D3dE GeT a MG ThEy KiK ArSe@%)@% HrdXxXCoRe ##(QT)#*T^(#)*

please do not EVER, get a solid state marshall, i say cube 60 all the way, there amazing for metal, hell i dont even play metal and i have a cube 30 and it suits even me fine
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

So i've had a look at the peavey valveking 112 so far and it looks about right.
But how about fenders and randalls. Are there any of those amps that are any good for $500 or less.
^ the randall rg50tc is pretty nice, i'm not too sure about its price, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?