I play a lot of pantera stuff and a lot of the time dime does these high pitch squeals in most songs, someone told me that he did those by hitting harmonics, but ive tried that and they dont squeal anything like how his do. so i was wondering if the digitech whammy pedal he used helps to get those squeals higher and louder? did he use his for that purpose?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
pinch harmonics
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Listen to Becoming... You'll understand.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
yeah i know he used it in becoming but I want to know if he used it at other times, like in solos and when he does the harmonics
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
He used the whammy bar for the harmonic squeals, not to sure what he used the Whammy pedal for.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
the squeals are a variation on natural harmonics, where he would dive with the bar, hit a natural harmonic, than pull the bar back and vibrato with the bar
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
push the whammy bar on, now hit the natural harmonic on the g string 3rd fret and release the whammy bar, should get the high pitched squeal
serbusfish, did you look at that vid I posted? It's Dime explaining how to make the squeel.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah I watched the vid, its just that Ive tried doing those squeals and they dont sound much like the ones he does, maybe its my amp, im getting a new amp soon, maybe they will sound better on that
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator