Hey, guys, I just wanted to see if anyone experiences the same thing as I do when i listen to Pink Floyd...I listen to it when i'm writing songs or doing homework...And it helps me concentrate and make good songs/answers...Does ne1 else find this to be true?
Yes.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Yes.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Wtf are you talking about? Last time I listened to pink floyd while doing hw it took me 2 hours to finish a single worksheet.
defanatley, just read the first book i have in a while( i hate reading but had a report due), and poped in the division bell, easier without a doubt
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
no way i listen to dark side on the bath. drink 8 cups of water per day and get 8 hours proper sleep per night and you will concentrate ok.
Quote by Home_EG
Wtf are you talking about? Last time I listened to pink floyd while doing hw it took me 2 hours to finish a single worksheet.

It doesn't work for the mentally handicap.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
their softer stuff is perfect for homework

IE Breathe, Time, On the turning away, hey you, comfortably numb
Quote by R0CKER1220
I always have music on when doing HW or reading or something, current preference: SRV.

Amen. I listen to Pink Floyd when I'm like typing. I don't know why...it just helps.
SPACE FOR RENT
It depends on what I'm doing, something related to literature it'll make easier for me but withsomething math related I'll just lose focus and walk away...I try to do my homework at school whenever I can anyway, though.
I always listen to music when I do homework, most of the time it is Pink Floyd, of course. I also read on Digg that listening to rock music while doing homework apparently makes people smarter and they do better in school and stuff.
All music helps me. Different bands give me different ideas and vibes, and Pink Floyd's up on my list for inspiration, along with Rush, Opeth, Victor Wooten, Wolfmother, Frank Zappa, tons of stuff.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I listen to the softer Buckethead stuff when I do homework. Like Too Many Humans and Electric Tears.

But sometimes I listen to Mozart and that works out too.
I don't like my sig.
Personally, i can't concentrate on anything if i have music, or for that matter any sort of noise in the background. But i suppose its different for everyone
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
It's good for reading books and stuff, but for stuff like maths your screwed because your halfway through an equation and then suddenly it's like CAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, at absolute random.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by fallenangel20
All music helps me. Different bands give me different ideas and vibes, and Pink Floyd's up on my list for inspiration, along with Rush, Opeth, Victor Wooten, Wolfmother, Frank Zappa, tons of stuff.

Wow, i couldn't do homework while listening to those bands cause i would only make concentrate on the music especially Opeth and Rush...i listen to post rock like Explosions in the Sky while doing my homework
Quote by excalibur672
I listen to Wu Tang Clan when I do my homework, cause i'm nothing to **** with.

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck wit!!

I'd fuck you though...
I hope this works for me as well, I'm a huge Floyd fan and I've pretty much got to read the whole of To Kill a Mockingbird tonight.

I think I'll put on Dark Side, I haven't gone straight through that one in a while.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
yeh, Before when i was studying for my exam while listeining to pink floyd it made me so
concentrated and focus. It really was weird
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
lol 50p means 50 pence you yank. And knickers are panties.

And over here our overweight is your average.

Fender Classic 50`s strat
Epiphone DR-200CE
Korg AX3000G
I haven't really noticed, but listening to Pink Floyd makes me feel better :P
I listen to them when i can't go to sleep. Their music is so relaxing its like a musical drug.
Quote by EmoRocker19510
Hey, guys, I just wanted to see if anyone experiences the same thing as I do when i listen to Pink Floyd...I listen to it when i'm writing songs or doing homework...And it helps me concentrate and make good songs/answers...Does ne1 else find this to be true?

Definatly... I just finished my HSC and throughout all my study i mainly listened to pink floyd. Especially the albums "Meddle", "Animals" "Saucerful of secrets" and "Wish you were here".
I also listened to alot of miles davis and a fair bit of Bach, it definatly helped me concentrate
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
i listen to music in school sometimes and it definately makes time go faster. and i finished all my work everyday. chemistry is still kickin my ass though
yeah i listen to music when i do homework and such... as most people would do...

but test have been done and they say that theres only one type of music to listen to that will help you learn and thats light classical music... my hot p.e. teacher told me
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
When I'm writing songs I just end up taking words and stuff from the song I listen to... Not to good, but Pink Floyd pwns.
Quote by Metal claw
Interesting. I was listening to Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here while playing Zelda's the Oracle of Seasons.

It was nice.

As for school, music only helps me when I'm practicing on math problems. Otherwise, it just distracts me.

^I was the same with listening To it whilst playing Zelda, i still do in fact.

For me listening to Pink Floyd at school makes me slightly happier that i got a math test, cos it means no ones gunna be talkin to me whilst im listening to them. Haha, possibly why i did so bad last year...

I do the same thing with Matisyahu as well...Off Topic but eh, that stuff just..."takes me away", i think someone said it before, a musical drug, i love it when you can completely lose yourself in music, sounds tacky, i know, but if you cant enjoy it, dont listen to it.

Quote by heartbreaker101
Yeah emo is more depressing because you know that you'll never get that wasted time back
Last edited by Mr.Moss at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by sock_demon
I concentrate better when there's Van Halen playing

i was thinking the EXACT same thing and was about to post it before i say your post

i think music is a great thing to have playing when you are studying, but its not for everyone - there are different things people find helpful to concentrate, colours, smells, sounds.... anyway, i find the fact that music is not repetitive keeps me focused, but if i was listening to really heavy metal it would be different, to erratic and distracting. i think van halen is a fantastic kind of music, not boring, but not distracting either.

i suppose it would probably work with pink floyd too
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Jan 8, 2007,
I listen to music when I'm doing homework either at home or during my "study periods" at school. I find it great to because I have these great in ear headphone which block out all outside noise. Seriously, you could light a firecracker next to my head and I wouldn't hear it.

Although, I only listen to it when I'm working on things which sort of have the answers infront of me, if you know what I mean? Like maths and stuff, whereas if I listen to it during something where I actualy have to think, like writing an english essay or something I'll get easily distracted.

Frankly I think music saved me last year during my final exams, I don't think I would have been able to study in the library with all the ruckus going on, but I couldn't hear it My preferences were the slower satch stuff like Always with me, Always with you and alot of SRV
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

For me, DSOTM is the ultimate concentration album, along with a lot of classical stuff/jazz/other softer Floyd
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Isn't listening to Mozart supposed to aid concentration?

I'm sure some study reavealed that. I listen to him anyway when I have to study, works for me.
Terms and Conditions apply.