so im modding my strat, and instead of using the stock pickguard and all that im got a nite new pearloid, but if im instally Lace Sensors, what kind of pots are better, 250k or 500k
im going to use 2 tone 1 volume set up
what is the difference between each?
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
um... i know 500k are better for humbuckers, because they keep it cleaner i think- something like that

but for single coils, i fyou want a more vintage tone- you use 250 k pots- it rolls of more treble i believe.

ans most pups say wat they work best with. but you can look on www.stewmac.com they tell you the diff a little better than i can explain

here ya go- "Your tone is affected by the control pots you use. Not just the tone control — the volume pot influences tone, too.

250K vs. 500K pots
250K pots give a slightly warmer tone than 500K because the 250K bleeds off some of the high frequencies.

250K = warmer
500K = brighter
1 Meg = brightest

Usually, 250K pots are used with single-coil pickups and and 500Ks are used with humbuckers. If you want to hear your guitar "wide open" with all the highs, try 1 Meg pots.

25K pots are used with active systems. "
The higher the number behind the pot the more treble you get. Typically you want a 250 for single coils, 500 for humbuckers and 1M for high output humbuckers.
Not taking any online orders.
250K pots bleed off the treble tones. So with a 500k pot you will get a brighter sound, with a 250k you will get a warmer sound. Due to the humbuckers inherent warmness, 500k are usually used to keep it reasonably unmuddy. That being said, you can use whatever you want with anything.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea