Page 1 of 2
I find it pretty despicable that Dean is exploting Dimebag's death how they are. Most of the electric guitars they sell are Dimebag signatures and they are very expensive and over priced. One of their signature Dimebag guitars are over $4,000 for an average guitar. Shame on you Dean.
Yes, i bring this up in most threads i see relating to the dimebag guitars. We do no need a thread about it however.
Agreed but didn't Dime stop his endorsment deal with dean and switched to Washburn? I would think Washburn would have done this instead of Dean...
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Last edited by lookie here at Jan 7, 2007,
They're not exploiting his death really, they're just making Dime guitars that he might have had ideas for, but never really 'got on them' so to speak. What's the big deal anyways? It's not like Dimebag was THAT great. People will buy them though, so it doesnt really matter.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
they are not exploiting his name as a percentage of the profits go to dimebags family and his wife told them they can carry on with the project so stop your bitching
Quote by lookie here
Agreed but didn't Dime stop his endorsment deal with dean and switched to Washburn? I would think Washburn would have done this instead of Dean...

there not as dispicably evil
The reason their so overpriced is because some of them were designed by Dime himself.

And now hes gone, increasing their value? Makes sense really.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
yeah its bullshit, guitars arent really that great anyways, but all the dimebag fanboys are gonna try and buy one and think its the greatest guitar ever created. im also sick of people constantly complaining about his death, saying R.I.P Dime every ****ing post. he was good but not that good.
actually, he switched back to dean from washburn AND all the guitars you see that are Dime tributes were actually designed by him before he died, they were going to send some to him out on tour the day after he was murdered, so in fact, theyre not using his death for their profit, theyre just doing what they had planned before his death

edit: and to the asshole above me... **** YOU! he was amazing
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
A little bit. I think they slightly overcharge for things, but those $4,000 ones are all USA made. Thats definitley way too much of a price boost for being USA made.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by lookie here

no, dimebag played a dean ml for a long time, then in either 94 or 96 dean went out of business, and he used washbun instead, but in 04 or 03 the dean name was bought so it came back, and so in the last year or two he was alive he used dean, and died with a dean in his hand, so thats why dean has his name, i dont think its cool that theyre making money off of his death basically, but, theyre are keeping his name remembered, so i guess thats pretty cool
stop griping. dime designed many of these guitars and hes dead so that increases the value just like esp_shredder said. also dime was the most influential metal giutarists of the nineties so stop sayin he wasnt great also. so if you want to call me a fanboy go ahead. dean has to make a profit somehow this is how they are doin it. and the only reason dime signed with washburn was because dean went out of business. when dean zelinsky bought dean guitars back, guess what? dime sighned back with dean. so there, thats why dean makes all of the dime guitars
there fantastic guitars, if a bit overpriced... but arent all artists signature series?
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Quote by !xobile
there fantastic guitars, if a bit overpriced... but arent all artists signature series?

Yeah cos its what the artist plays, but Dimebag hasn't played half the razorbacks that are out
Quote by that1l)ude
yeah its bullshit, guitars arent really that great anyways, but all the dimebag fanboys are gonna try and buy one and think its the greatest guitar ever created. im also sick of people constantly complaining about his death, saying R.I.P Dime every ****ing post. he was good but not that good.

I agree, it was unfortunate that he died (especially the way he did) but any Dean guitar isn't really that great. All I ever see flipping through Musician's Friend catalog or on the internet is "Dime Guitar!" "Dimebucker!" "Dime Toilet Paper!" His type of music really isn't my thing, and he deserves to have respect, but they treat him like he's Jesus Christ Superstar or something.
The real question is: What do I think about Dean passing on the 'Dimebag flame' to Trivium?

Fucking desperate.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
If they made great, affordable guitars with Dime's name on them? Just peachy.

Them making mediocre Chinese guitars with half-assed Licensed Floyd Rose bridges, Dime's face superimposed on the body, half-assed pickups, and way too expensive guitars? FUCKING HOSTILE!
haha
I personally find it hilarious how Trivium have been picked up as the rising stars of metal - carrying the DBD torch, getting their dicks sucked by Kirk Hammet - all this for a crappy metalcore band. I don't understand it at all - especially not their thing with Razorbacks. I teach at a guitar store, and they had a Razorback in a while ago. It was one of the worst guitars I've played in my life. Unbalanced, crappy tone on the Dimebucker, and the most horribly sticky neck I've ever used. The Floyd wasn't exactly magic either.
no
I've seen a couple of half assed posts in this one. I AM a Dimebag "Fanboy". I respect what he did for metal music and how he owned everyone while he was alive as far as pure shred and innovative style. Give credit where credit is due, that's all I'm saying.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
They're definitely good guitars, and some of the coolest looking, but they're not exceptional, and they are probably overpriced.
I think it's unjust, because first of all, dime isnt making any money, and second of all, your right, their guitars are so damn expensive, so how the hell do they expect the average joe to afford one of these? cause hell, i want one but i cant...cause they're so friggin expensive, so maybe ill send them hate mail! MUAHAHAHAHA...they'll never see it coming....
LOTS TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT:

1. Who doesn't try and capitalize on the death of someone famous? If you had an autographed monet you would sell that bit*h for an ungodly amount of cash.

2. The dudes from Trivium got their first Dean guitars from Dime's girlfriend. They were Dime's guitars and since Dime was a big Trivium fan she thought he would want them to have 'em.

Wether or not you like Dime signature guitars personally you have to admit that some people who use them have amazing tone. Word.
From what I have heard Dime was a pretty big fan of Trivium. Those kids have been around for a while, it has just taken time for them to get the recognition they deserve.
Quote by bucky_2300
The Floyd wasn't exactly magic either.

yea the slime bumblebee razorback or whatever the hell its called goes for 999quid and it doesnt even have an official floyd rose.

however i have heard that the deans that dont have dimes name slapped on them are pretty good.
A business is a busness.....Dean are a company that make and sell guitars, that's their business.....so to the businessmen that own Dean, if they can make an extra £2000 on a guitar just but putting a persons name on it (whether or not he designed it himself and whether or not he was dead) by god they are gonna put that name on it
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I love it. I think it's hilarious. I hope they exploit his death and every fan for every dollar they can. That's what you get for buying guitars for a name, an endorsement - it has always been about money, business. It's always been commercial. Don't start crying about moral high ground now...

Music as a business is like christmas as a commercial holiday. It's all about money - nothing about the original intent.

If you're going to take an artform and turn it into a commercial business then don't whine about it when business trumps the art and respect. If people didn't buy this crap, it wouldn't happen. I hope they keep it up and exploit the hell out of everyone, dead or alive...
I play a dean 79 MLF (the reissue not the real thing) which is what dime's original "FBD" was apart from the floyd was fitted after purchase. I paid close to £400 (remember it's GBP Americans) for mine and the FBD is £800. I admit it has the "dimebucker" and some different knobs but other than that where would the extra £400 have gone if i would have bought an "FBD". I like the look of a lot of the Dimebag guitars but would the FBD have been worth the extra money? I doubt it...
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
guys are jealous cuz trivium has dean guitars custom made. i kno that matt has original floyd rose on his but thats all i can say from looks im not sure enough though. Plus people who say they feel aweful is cuz they arent made for bedroom playing. They made to rock on stage man....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by lookie here

They did, they were higher quality for half the price, but Dean DOES own the ML shape,a nd I'm pretty sure Dime switched back while on tour with damageplan.

Quote by sylent
guys are jealous cuz trivium has dean guitars custom made. i kno that matt has original floyd rose on his but thats all i can say from looks im not sure enough though. Plus people who say they feel aweful is cuz they arent made for bedroom playing. They made to rock on stage man....

Kill yourself. No one is jealous of Matt Heafy.
Dickless.
I don't have anything against it in theory, but they are vastly overpriced, and there is way too many of them. I love my $100 Dean though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
I don't have anything against it in theory, but they are vastly overpriced, and there is way too many of them. I love my $100 Dean though.

That's possibly the biggest issue I have with them. There are like twenty something of them.
Go get your shovel.
deans rule. they are the only make of guitar I wish to own. I have a dean mlx at the moment, and it rules, and its one of the lower end deans too, and ive ordered a razorback two-tone which I should recieve around the end of january when they get stock in. and the reason they aint got no stock is because so many people want them, UK importers have underestimated demand.

dimebag designed the razorback, everything about it is from his designs. he even chose the price they should sell at, so stop bitching on about dean selling them at that price just because dime is dead. dime wanted to create the ultimate metal guitar. then on the night it was to be unvailed ready to be sold he was killed, and with Rita's permission dean continued to sell the guitars, they arent tribute guitars. there are only 3 tribute guitars, the the far beyond driven ml, and the 2 razorbacks made in the usa, rust and rebel flag
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
No. There is the DFH, the FBD, the 2 USA Razorbacks, the DBD, Dimeblade, and Dime-O-Flage( Don't even try and tell me it isn't, there are pictures of him all over it). So if we add those up we get 7, more than twice as many as you said.
Go get your shovel.
I think it's a great way to keep Dime in this world. Even though he's dead, he lives through his music and these guitars...
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Page 1 of 2