Page 2 of 2
Aie, definitely overpriced. Dean's aren't even that nice :/ .

And to anyone saying Dime "isn't that good", do us all a favor, quit playing guitar and start doing something worth while. I never would of thought I'd hear someone flame Dimebag on a guitar forum, ****ing pathetic.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
they're great guitars, but they cost too damn much.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
I'm not a Dime fanboy, but I do respect his music, and more so, respect the man. Watching some of his interviews, you get a sense that it didn't matter who it was or what the situation was, Dime was the same guy. Dime respected humility and he gave props to EVERYONE, which is more than I can say for 95% of the people on this forum. Dime loved Dean, and I think he'd be okay with the prices for the majority of the guitars that bear his name...why wouldn't he want his favorite brand (a pretty small company compared to other brands) to stay in business?

One thing that made me respect metal after spending years as a blues snob was Dime and Zakk's attitudes towards music (well, aside from Zakk, he bashed a few here and there). These guys threw out names like it was nothing, and they mentioned more than a few that haven't really received the notoriety that other, "less deserving" guitarists have.

Take the lesson, stop the whining, and go play your guitar...and f'n enjoy it!
ooh. i forgot about them. but the dean from hell is a sig guitar, not a tribute
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
And to anyone saying Dime "isn't that good", do us all a favor, quit playing guitar and start doing something worth while. I never would of thought I'd hear someone flame Dimebag on a guitar forum, ****ing pathetic.

Not any more pathetic than someone flaming Lindsey Buckingham or any other guitarist that doesn't play their style of music.

People are idiots and egos are rampant in guitar players. That's why I can't stand hardly any of them.
Kill yourself. No one is jealous of Matt Heafy
Why the Trivium hate? I agree that the new album is kinda cheesy but you gotta admit, these two dudes shred hard as anyone out there if not harder. Dime saw something great in these guys. He liked them enough for his girlfriend to give the new Dean guitars to them. The original razorbacks that Trivium started playing was the collection that Dean gave to Dime. How cool would that be. One of the best metal players digs your band so much that his girlfriend gives you his guitars after he has passed away. I personally would be honored, regardless of who it was.
How stupid. You all talk like you know them or something. Like Dime's girlfriend lives next door and you've been an acquaintance all along. Sound like a bunch of women on Oprah.

You have no fucking idea what Dime thought of a goddamn thing. You only know what you've read in a magazine, or what you heard from so-and-so who heard it from so-and-so. All this bullshit about Dean and Dime and blah blah blah is pathetic.

Reminds me of Barbie and Ken and the little girls that play with them....
^Feel better now. Think you know something? You have no idea who any of us are or where we got our information from. Dumbass. I could be a rep for Dean, or an ex-sound man for Damageplan, or a monkey from the canadian tundra. But no by all means show us how cool you are by making an ass hat of yourself. Way to go.
I have an idea because real people who really knew Dime or really work for Dean don't chatter like little girls about fantasy soap opera relationships amongst their guitar heros...children do that, not adults...
^And you are a real person, who hangs around and tries to be a di*k to people who are just talking. For your information I have been on a production crew here in Germany and I have met Trivium. I don't talk shit that I have no idea about. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink and your asshole sir is in need of a good cleaning.
To the respectable people in this thread, I apologize for the words exchanged above. I just fueled that idiots fire. You shouldn't have to deal with this kinda crap. Be good, I'm out.
You all sound like this to me:

Oooh did you hear?!?! Dime's girlfriend is going to get with Dime's favorite guitarist of all time. They are getting married and are going to play Dime's favorite song at the wedding. Then they're going to consumate the marriage in Dime's favorite position and Dean is going to make a special "dime-ond" ring with the razorback symbol scribed into the "10" karrot gold band...
ParanoiaMusic... Do you have any respect for music whatsoever? You run your mouth like an ignorant fool.
WTF have trivium got to do with this thread?? Deans choice of endorsee and whether they exploit dimebag's death is a totally different matter. If you want to talk about trivium make a thread about Trivium sucking and get your ass flamed.

And if this misleads anyone into thinking i don't like trivium then i do, they are great.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by ZeM0nkeyMAN
ParanoiaMusic... Do you have any respect for music whatsoever? You run your mouth like an ignorant fool.

Music is my life. Has been since I was a kid writing songs in a notebook listening to the Beatles and Metallica when it wasn't cool to like either one. It is my respect for music that fuels my distaste of commercial driven wannabe's.

I love John Lennon's impact on music. But I don't worship John Lennon. He's just a dude. An asshole at that. Left his family and shit on his kids while he cries about love and loss and makes money at it. Dime is a dude. These idiots idolize him and talk about him as if he's bigger than the music - the jesus of metal. That's a sick, spoiled american pop culture attitude and has NOTHING to do with music. That's teenage drama and labels - symbolism.

I love music - not people. Learn the difference and you won't look like such an ignorant fool yourself...
Last edited by ParanoiaMusic at Jan 9, 2007,
He designed a few guitars and handed them to Dean. Dean manufactured the instruments, placed the name of the designer in the tagline and sold them to consumers. OH NOES! not... COMMERCE! YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS, DEAN!

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
ParanoiaMusic and people worship John Lennon now as well... As if he was more than he was. Darrell Abbott was a very influencial person in the world of metal, wether anyone wants to really face that. I don't worship him, but he did have skill for his time. If music IS your life... Then why not respect others interest in music and let them discuss people how they wish. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and how they feel.. You don't worship musicians as you say... But, others might idolize them, and that gives them the ambition and motivation to pursue things.
Hmm, and also... On a good note.. I checked out your site you have, and your two mp3's you have up are actually very nice. Enjoyed listening.
meh, im actually quite surprised any brands havent done this to cobain rather than dimebag.
but those dime guitars are the ****ing ugliest things ive ever seen.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.

Anyway, I was really just trying to put some perspective on things. They go on and on about Dime said this, Dime has that, Dime uses this thing, Dime loved that thing - but they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Just because some teen scream magazine quotes him on this and that doesn't mean squat.

I used to do the same thing about my musical idols, when I was a kid. Later I read some books on some of these people and how they were always correcting misguided fans and defending bullshit comments and supposed quotes that never happened, or were taken out of context. Fans and idolizers just perpetuate this shit and eat it up. Because it feeds their fantasy, their rock-n-roll soap opera drama show.

So I'm going to call it how I see it. Musicians should know when they're being pansies. Like Rush said "For those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme". In other words, quit idolizing from afar, and become apart of it. How can you be a guitar lord when you're acting like an owned fan? Enjoy the music, enjoy the man - but making his life and death into a he-said/she-said drama? Please...

You think Dime went around talking "he-said, she said" bullshit chitter chatter?
Quote by AlGeeEater
They're not exploiting his death really, they're just making Dime guitars that he might have had ideas for, but never really 'got on them' so to speak. What's the big deal anyways? It's not like Dimebag was THAT great. People will buy them though, so it doesnt really matter.

Chris

seconded ...
& whats wrong with a company making a huge profit off idiots
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by ParanoiaMusic
How stupid. You all talk like you know them or something. Like Dime's girlfriend lives next door and you've been an acquaintance all along. Sound like a bunch of women on Oprah.

You have no fucking idea what Dime thought of a goddamn thing. You only know what you've read in a magazine, or what you heard from so-and-so who heard it from so-and-so. All this bullshit about Dean and Dime and blah blah blah is pathetic.

Reminds me of Barbie and Ken and the little girls that play with them....

"Look, my E-penis is bigger than yours"
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I don't really care about dean making money off Dime's name - but they have gone overboard on the tribute/signature ML series, theres bloody hundreds of them.

I've got to admit, I do like the shape of the razorback, and I got to play one in London for a while, and I found it pretty much suited the way I played, and I liked the feel of the neck.

I'd prefer it if the thing didn't have "DIME" slapped all over the headstock, but I do like the guitar. I'd prefer it if it came with an OFR at that price, but its pretty cool.
Shouldn't the dimebag signiature guitar have a red splatter pattern paintjob on it? Just a thought.

-edit That's in apalling taste, even for me.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Jan 10, 2007,
If i designed 15 guitars for a major guitar company and i got shot tonight!

I would be damn mad if that b!tchass company didn't bring out the guitars..and of course I would want to have MY name on the headstock =P ...

and it's not that they're putting his name on every guitar...they can't really help it that he designed so many guitars at once >_<
I don't know, I've seen them and they're damn ugly. They look straight out of the 80's - big hair and spandex. Then to have DIME glaring on the headstock just takes all the individuality out of it being your guitar.

I would never buy a signature anything. Makes it seem like I'm trying to be like somebody else rather than being myself. Dime was great. But we all have our own legacy to build. Why would you want DIME's guitar rather than your own?
He only DESIGNED two guitars though, yet there are loads of "DIME" guitars - Which is why Dean are getting accused of using his name. ML's have been around for years.
I'm a big fan of Dimem his style and sound. I like the look of the Razorback, but hate the feel of the guitar and I certainly would never spend money on one. But if people like 'em, them all the power to them.

Quote by zeroconsequence
LOTS TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT:

1. Who doesn't try and capitalize on the death of someone famous? If you had an autographed monet you would sell that bit*h for an ungodly amount of cash.

2. The dudes from Trivium got their first Dean guitars from Dime's girlfriend. They were Dime's guitars and since Dime was a big Trivium fan she thought he would want them to have 'em.

Wether or not you like Dime signature guitars personally you have to admit that some people who use them have amazing tone. Word.

1. Very true. But in this case, I think Dean overdid it. When Dime died, they released this "Dimebag Tribute" video on the Dean site. It irked me that the Dean headstock and logo seemed to be more prominently than Dime. To me, that was in poor taste since Dime was probably still ****ign warm at the time. But in principle, I have no problems with 'exploiting' Dime's name. He had an endorsement deal with Dean at the time of his death (having returned after his stint with Washburn). Any royalties from the use of his name are going to his wife.

2. Correct. Dime did have the prototypes of the original Razorback model. The first ones given to the dudes from Trivium by Dime's wife (Rita, I believe??) were Dime's personal guitars. Yeah, he never actually got to play a Razorback V. But he did design it, and had he not died when he did, he probably would have played them.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Harvey1532
He only DESIGNED two guitars though, yet there are loads of "DIME" guitars - Which is why Dean are getting accused of using his name. ML's have been around for years.

he designed 2 shapes indeed.

but he did draw alot more finishes...which are the ones dean is bringing out?

can you point me out another model that doesn't have anything to do with ML(he didn't design it but it was definitly his trademark) Razorback/RB V

that has Dime's name on it? Don't think so.

the problem with you guys here...you guys only notice the Dimebag Signatures because they're so flashy and eye candy (atleast imo) they do stand out to normal guitars.

but go and check dean site...they have ALOT of guitars.....and yeah dime probably would have been a pretty good marketing dude :p he probably knew what kinda guitars people wanted to have/see (because the Razorbacks are selling like crazy)
Quote by Punk2Guitar
he designed 2 shapes indeed.

but he did draw alot more finishes...which are the ones dean is bringing out?

can you point me out another model that doesn't have anything to do with ML(he didn't design it but it was definitly his trademark) Razorback/RB V

that has Dime's name on it? Don't think so.

But thats the problem, and thats whats led to the accusations of Dean just trading on Dimes name.

Guitars like the Dime-o-flame, Dime-o-flague and so on are just MLs with crazy paintjobs and asking prices higher than other MLs. There's no way the man designed all these finishes, so Dean are just coming up with fancy paintings and slapping the mans name and image across their guitars.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me, I'm very happy with my Dean that didn't cost the earth and doesn't have a dead blokes name daubed across it.
Quote by bucky_2300
I personally find it hilarious how Trivium have been picked up as the rising stars of metal - carrying the DBD torch, getting their dicks sucked by Kirk Hammet - all this for a crappy metalcore band. I don't understand it at all - especially not their thing with Razorbacks. I teach at a guitar store, and they had a Razorback in a while ago. It was one of the worst guitars I've played in my life. Unbalanced, crappy tone on the Dimebucker, and the most horribly sticky neck I've ever used. The Floyd wasn't exactly magic either.

damn u for real dude, i played it for about 30 min. at a guitar store, i thought it played like a dream, im not just saying that cus im a dimebag fan, i actually thought it would suck, but personally i loved it
Quote by bucky_2300
I personally find it hilarious how Trivium have been picked up as the rising stars of metal - carrying the DBD torch, getting their dicks sucked by Kirk Hammet - all this for a crappy metalcore band. I don't understand it at all - especially not their thing with Razorbacks. I teach at a guitar store, and they had a Razorback in a while ago. It was one of the worst guitars I've played in my life. Unbalanced, crappy tone on the Dimebucker, and the most horribly sticky neck I've ever used. The Floyd wasn't exactly magic either.

Agreed. Also, I am buying a JEM soon! (but in more than a month)
Would a dean dime razroback not cost the same evan if he was alive ? I think it would be pretty much the same prices.
no i think it costs much higher since hes dead and so many people "wanted to be him" and had he still been alive it probably would have been lower

old thread btw
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en