Hey, I've got to do a 20 minute recital for my Music A Level in April, and have no idea what to play.

It can be made up of different pieces or just one long piece; if more than one piece then they have to be related in some way, following a theme of some kind.

Any one have any ideas?

Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
20 minutes, wow.

i take it you're wanting something guitar-based, though the longest thing I ever did like that (which still fell way short of 20 minutes) was an electronic piece. I took samples of the ocean and modified them using filters, EQ, delay and my Whammy pedal over a soft beat I pre-created.

But I'd say the easiest option would be to find some related pieces and do say 2 or 3.
Yeah, I'm planning on doing it all guitar, and it all has to be of at least Grade 6 level, the main problem is that most bands I listen to don't play music of that difficulty.

Can anyone tell me of any good jazz or classical pieces of that kind of difficulty?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
eric clapton tears in heaven is a noce acoustic piece which im playing for higher which i think is the equivilent to A level
Any more ideas?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Im doing giant steps for group performance at AS. Its more than a high enough level of playing for A level.
Giant Steps sounds good, now just another 15 minutes to fill up
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
maybe try an easy(ish) song by joe satriani or steve vai ?

20 minutes is a lot...we only need to do 5 minutes!
Well in previous years I've done Midnight (Satriani) and Eugene's Trick Bag (Vai)

Yeah, I know it's a lot, but it was either that or an amazingly complex composition
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by z4twenny
i'd pick several pieces of music that shared a common key or common key progression.

Any suggestions?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
unfortunately i have not taken any music courses so i'm not sure what could be considered A level music.
flight of the bumble bee or something by pagganini
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
The Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits. Not too many get it right.
you could try some songs by john petrucci... search it up in limewire and download some songs cuz most of them are about 9 minutes long and sound good ro do some dream theater or megadeth you know

you could also try some different styles like blues, metal, funk to show that you are very diverse in your music u know sth like that
Quote by yogurt_overdose
Well in previous years I've done Midnight (Satriani) and Eugene's Trick Bag (Vai)

Yeah, I know it's a lot, but it was either that or an amazingly complex composition

I'd do both those again, and stick in a few other pieces of similar difficulty. Even if you know a few good, musical, simple tunes, play em, and play every ounce of vibrato, dynamic subtleties and phrasing you have. That'll blow em away. And if you honestly think you need a bit of complexity, just remember - there's never an innappropriate moment for 13-octave Am sweep and tap arpeggio.

But seriously, at your level, playing 20 mins of good music should be no problem. Is it?
Cliffs of Dover or Manhattan by Eric Johnson? Tender Surrender by Vai? If I Could Fly or Forgotten Pt2 by Satriani?

I don't know, this linking thing baffles me...