Somethimes my high e string gets caught under the edge od my fourth fret when I pull off really hard, how would one fix this without refretting the guitar?
Take a small ball-peen hammer, and using the flat side of the hammer gently tap the edge of the fret down. Don't smash the fret down, just lightly tap it down.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^I'll give that a try, but it doesnt sound like a very permanent fix.
What I would do is probably get a um......... hm........ am.................... um............................

Oh ye, lol, I ............ cant remember..........

Oh ye, get a thingy. lol haha a wood glue and try to fill the hole or something so it wont get stuck there again. or that plastic thingy that melts and then dries and stays there forever, kinda like a soldering iron but its plastic. Hm......... haha
Quote by flytv12
^I'll give that a try, but it doesnt sound like a very permanent fix.

There's no such thing as a permanent fix on a guitar either way, but if you do it right the fret wont unseat again for a long time.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by Stratwizard
Or you can file the edge of the fret instead of hammering it.

That won't do anything to prevent the string from getting caught under the side of the fret. The only way to fix that is to hammer it down.

Chris
suck up much^

surely filing the edge of the fret would have the same effect as hammering it
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.