Get a sound hole cover and install the pickup in it. This is not my orininal idea I saw it in a magazine but its a great, reversable way to do that.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Where/how did you plan on mounting this pickup? If you want to play that loud the sound hole cover (aka feedback buster) will help in that respect. The pickup will not amplify any of the "acoustic" sound regardless.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
I did that, look at the guitar gallery.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
There is another benefit of mounting it in the baffle. It is sunken in more. Check out page 168 of Feb 07 Guitar Player. Thats where all my info came from.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
It'll work fine. It wont sound as ballanced as it would on an electric because the strings are different, but it'll still sound good enough.
Not taking any online orders.
I've done it (with a single coil)

The grounding is a biotch but you can figure it out. I did it all with a box cutter, a drill, and a soldering iron

Just do a pickup, a volume control (if you want), and an output jack. But honestly my advice would be to make a soundhole pickup. I regret hacking up my acoustic. It sounds good but its not fantastic.

Do what you want. Just remember its a pain in the but to work through the soundhole. Good luck whatever you do.