Okay, this is a cover of Everlong me and my mate did as an xmas present for our girlfriends

Let me know what you think

Directory = Recent Music -> Everlong (it should be right at the top anyway)

Linky
Last edited by Mathamology at Jan 9, 2007,
I liked it a lot, vocals were very good and controlled, guitar playing was pretty consistent. Good stuff!!
coul've been sang with more feeling imho.
sum sloppy parts...
nevertheless pretty awesome
lucky girlz!
Nice work.

I like the harmonizing in the chorus.

Guitar playing was good, guitar sounded bad.

Mic it instead of plugging it in for recording (although it sounded better than most people's tone when they plug it in).

You can hear when the vocal tracks start and stop.

What program did you use to record?

Quote by Mathamology

Recent Music> Everlong

Ummmm I'm fairly certain you wanted to say that "Everlong" is greater than "Recent Music", aka "Everlong > Recent Music".

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Ummmm I'm fairly certain you wanted to say that "Everlong" is greater than "Recent Music", aka "Everlong > Recent Music".

nooo, I meant that's where you'll find the song in my Dmusic profile, under "Recent Music"... I'll change that to avoid anymore confusion!

Thanks to everyone for the comments, I'll return crits this afternoon once I finish my essay

FacingUsAll - Fair point about miccing rather than a straight line in, we only did it like that because it would be easier; we were'nt after the perfect finish. We used Audacity, and I was unable to get rid of the little 'clicks' where the track changes because I'm an Audacity nub

dEipHoBoS - Perhaps, we just sang it how we've always sang in, although in fairness I think we achieved more emotion in the singing than we do when we perform it with our band. I agree there are some sloppy parts, as I said before, we weren't after the perfect finish. Thanks for the crit, man.

bettyswollox - thank you, oh, and nice user title

IlIk2plygUItAr - thanks for the crit, i'll get round to returning it this afternoon

Cynoxx - haha, no comment I'll return crit on yours this afternoon also

The Mizfit - thanks, there's actually two of us singing; my mate does most of it, but I do the second half of the first verse, and all the backing harmonies.
Wow - I really like it dude - nice cover. Perfect guitar more or less. Great voice mate.

As said before - you must have scored some big points

Hemant

PS - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501197
It was prety good, i wouldnt say it was the best everlong cover.. but hey you kinda sound like that guy from system of a down, the guitarist, when you start the song, thats pretty damn cool
And I realize you guys were probably just screwing around, and you probably didnt do it over and over till its perfect...
Nice job still indeed
You guys were going for the acoustic feel to it? Cuz you did the chorus an entire octave lower, still sounds good tho cuz of the harmony.
Work to live, not live to work.
Quote by Mathamology
nooo, I meant that's where you'll find the song in my Dmusic profile, under "Recent Music"... I'll change that to avoid anymore confusion!

FacingUsAll - Fair point about miccing rather than a straight line in, we only did it like that because it would be easier; we were'nt after the perfect finish. We used Audacity, and I was unable to get rid of the little 'clicks' where the track changes because I'm an Audacity nub

That's what I get for surfing the internet while drunk .

In Audacity, highlight a spot in a track where you there is just noise that needs to go away (a few seconds at the beginning of a track for example).

Go to Effect -> Noise Removal and click on the "Get Noise Profile" button.

Now select each track, go back to the Noise Removal menu, slide the "Step 2" slider ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT (anything other than this slider being all the way to the "less" sides makes your recording start sounding whacky) and hit remove noise.

Voila, we have a winner.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jan 9, 2007,
Nice cover dude. I think the vocals were just a little too reserved. The chorus could be more forceful with the vox. Otherwise, excellent cover though. Overall 9/10.

Crit Mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489734
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna