I've recently been hooked into producing, mixing, and pressing cds for a friends band. Not this doesn't really bug me, I get a little cash for each cd sold and I'm the ony l computer savvy friend they've got. The problem Im broke and can barly afford the cd's to burn the music to, though I've got a few 100 stashed up. So Im look for FREE music mixing/producing software, that'll let me take a raw, split into a track of Bass/Drums, Vocals, and Gutiars respectivly and mix them to geather on my pc...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I think, if you want all the instruments on separate tracks then you need to record them separately. One at a time. Now, if you have those all separate, Audacity is a decent and free program. But if your willing, Magix is a pretty good program, and it's only $30. Cheaper than a lot of other programs.
Last edited by frontman54 at Jan 7, 2007,
Acoustica Mixcraft has like a 30 day free trial, and then a two week extra period. Its pretty good, but to get the full product its like $45.
Quote by frontman54
I think, if you want all the instruments on separate tracks then you need to record them separately. One at a time. Now, if you have those all separate, Audacity is a decent and free program. But if your willing, Magix is a pretty good program, and it's only $30. Cheaper than a lot of other programs.

I know that, I just need a program that'll let me mix the tracks togeather.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
you can download some cracked program anytime. protools, cubase or adobe audition are awesome softwares.
But if u wanna stay withing the legal limits of downloading and software usage like we all do here, Adacity is the only free one i know. and it does suck!
This idea is stupid and cheap.. but it could work. Get all your friends CD players, and put the different tracks in each. Get a few different people, and hit play all at once on them. Record them using your computer. Burn onto disks.