The class is offered next year and i'm thinking about taking it.

But my scheduale is full so i'm gonna have to drop Spanish (which I have been taking since the 7th grade) to take it.

Anyways has anyone taken the class in highschool? What kind of stuff do you guys do? IS it fun, worth the experiance?

Is it worth the class i'm dropping?

Anyways yeah thanks

Edit: *I did a search already*
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
ya i'm taking it, its cool but that prolly depends on area and teacher and stuff. basically its why stuff does what it does and other stuff music people do to confuse the hell out of you. but its fun and interesting
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
I took it in high school, all through college, taking advanced jazz theory and 20th century music theory next semester. It's the foundation for everything, and it makes you totally understand how music relates to guitar, as well as scales and improv. My high school class was all about the basics of music: note names, rhythmic values, intervals, basically the beginnig stuff you need before you get into it really heavy in college.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

I dropped Spanish to take it this year. Don't be fooled, it is a hard class, but our school just has it in AP. You'll probably go into training your ear to better be able to determine what exactly you are hearing musically. Lots of chords structures and progressions. Its really helped me understand that stuff really well. We do a lot of voice leading, dunno if thats common. Also the dreaded sight singing...dum dum dum....
I want to go into session work after college and thought this would help.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

ya, go for it drop spanish i take lessons at a guitar shop and they do wonders for song writing and solo writing it just really opens up your eyes to the world of music

EDIT i have a recording and songwriting course that just became available at my school next year im talking to my guidance counselor to make sure i get into it because im thinking a lot of people will take it because it looks fun and interesting while im taking it to develop an understanding of true multitrack recording and song structure.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jan 7, 2007,
I am taking a recording class next symester, mostly remixing tracks and we have to percform in front of the class for our final at the end of the year. God i cant wait
it's a great class, you learn a lot and it is a prerequisite to any music school after high school, so if you are planning on being more musical than you are española then it would be smarter to take theory
If you want to get into a good college, wait another year for some more periods to free up. Colleges usually want to see 4 years of a language taken. I'm taking it this year, and it's cool, but it really hasn't helped me with the guitar.
I'm hoping when I go back to school that I can do something like that. I do alot of that stuff with my guitar teacher right now, so that would allow me to work more on piano and sight reading with him. He teaches piano, guitar, and gives vocal lessons. I would like to do all three, but with what we're covering now it'd be better to do that in school and I could learn to play piano properly and such, I don't know how to play at all right now.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
My AP Music Theory class is easily one of the most valuable classes I've taken in high school.
Go for it. What's worth more to you, way better guitar playing or a few new words? You sound like you should know a lot already about Spanish.
ಥ_ಥ
Honestly, having a language qualification under your belt will do you no end of good when you get out into the world looking for a job. A music qualification wont really do much for you if you're not taking a job in that field.

It really depends on you. If you prefer music and you'd happily drop a subject for it, then do it. If not, then don't. I'd personally drop Spanish and take the music course, but I'm just putting things in perspective for you.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Thanks guys, I did talk to my counslelor, she said it's a three year spanish course and I could drop it, but it wouldn't look to good for colleges and in the future. She said I can have a few more periods as a senior and could take musical theory then. My guitar teacher even offered to teach me all of that applying to guitar.

SO I figure why not learn theory from my teacher for a year and finish spanish, then take the class in my final year. Get everything done and set.

Thanks for posting it really helped.

Yea, down here we need to have a language class to get into college. No matter where we go, by law we need to have a second language (God damn illegall ). Just kidding about the illegals thing, although it does blow.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)