I picked up a used Traynor YCV50 Blue for 500 bucks and all I can say is wow. (used is a relative term though...its practically brand new..still has the plastic over the traynor metal plate).

From a guy who's owned a JCM800 4104 (2203-4 combo)...let me tell you..this thing sounds almost identical when cranked as a cranked 800. Its only about 2/3's as loud even though its the same wattage but man does it sound good.

The V30 speaker is a little bassy and boomy but I like it. This thing nails the Marhshall crunch better then the DSL or TSL or 900 easily.

I finally got to crank it today when I went to band practice. Had the MV on 5...Gain around 7...and the boost on...the lead tone was amazing...Sounds a ton like Slash's sound he gets outa his Jubilees (think the Traynor has the same speaker as the jubilee too).

The only thing is the cleans break up way to soon...but thats a give or take. Personally I like it because it allows me to get powertube distortion at lower volumes. I'm able to get around it by setting the volume on the clean channel low and using the MV to get it loud...but if I ever had to dime it out at a show (probably never will have to) I'd be in trouble because the clean and distortion channel would be so far apart in volume. Right now it works though for what I'm doing.

I suggest anyone who can't afford a JCM800 or who don't want to have to dime an amp to get that JCM800 tone to get this thing. Its so cheap and built great. The self-biasing is great also.

For those who are looking for a Marhsall crunch and solo sound...look no further. Get this amp.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Yea I have the amp, for the price its pretty awesome. Supposedly even better when you swap out the stock tubes but I havn't got there yet
Rig:
Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Red
Fender Highway One Strat w/ 2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails & Dimarzio X2N

Boss SD-1
Boss TU-2
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Quote by D_y_p26
clips?

Don't have the setup to record right now.

So many people recomment this amp when people say they want a JCM800...usually I just thought yeah right...maybe it will get close but it won't be the same.

I couldn't of been more wrong. When people say this thing is just like an 800..they aren't lying.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
change out the stock tubes will give u much better clean headroom, but i dont knw how it will affect that marshall sound....
i said "come on lets dance, we've gotta take our chance" u whispered in my ear "you wanna get outa here?"