how do i get that worn look on my guitar ? not as bad as srv's but sort of like that. by playin for a long time?
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
You can either gig and tour with it for 10 years, or just 'relic' it. Search here and google, there's threads like this everyday.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i think of relicing a guitar artifically "cheating",but thats just me. so yeah just play a long time
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Sandpaper
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Yeah relicing a guitar is for posers. If you play long enough it will get like that when you deserve it.
Its worn because it has alot of history behind the guitar. Alot of shows played, maybe a few drops/scrapes with other equipment.
Artificially aging the guitar like that, in my opinion, is cheating. Those worn spots were put there by you on purpose, when you have an aged and road-worn guitar you usually have a story for every nick, scratch, and mark.

Just my thoughts.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
In my opinion, a guitar should be worn because of your constant playing, gigging, your girlfriend becoming jealous of your guitar and throwing it down the stairs, etc.

That's my opinion anyways. There's ways to make it look old and worn, but I really suggest doing it through time and history. You won't regret it.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE