For Trade Only: Fender Nat. Finish Spec. Edition '06 Mexican Standard Strat

I'm looking to trade Half-Step, my Special Edition Natural Finished 2006 Fender Mexican Standard Stratocaster. I wanna trade it cause I already have two Strats, and I'm not a huge fan of rosewood fretboards on Strats (I don't want to spend money on just a neck :/). I promise you, theres nothing wrong with it, it's a mighty fine Strat And it's semi-new, I bought it 3 months ago for $430 at GC (it just shipped in when I got it).

The only thing I changed on it was the pickguard, I swapped the white pickguard with a brown Tortoise one, and It looks great. And I took the tremolo cover off too.

Specs: (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037)
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Natural (This is the reason its a Special Edition, I think)
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- 21 Frets
- Mother of Pear Fretboard Inlays
- Vintage Tremolo
-Currently fitted with .11 gauge Stainless Steel DRs, I will put whatever kind of strings you want on it upon request
And so on.

Ups:
- Amazing pups, It has a beautiful warm sound to it that's perfect for blues
- Extremely high quality hardware
- Hardly any dents on it
- Great finish, It won't ware off any time soon
- Stays in tune

Downs:
- Frets are a little sharp on the edges
- A little buzz on some of the frets\
- About 2-3 dents in it, hardly noticeable though due to the finish, and they aren't big
- Top of headstock is scratched
- There are some scratches on the back of it
- It's kinda heavy compared to the my other Strats
- New pickguard is a little sticky due to taking the plastic wrapping off wrong when I got it

And the serial number is MZ5176511

I'll give you the original pickguard with the tremolo cover upon request

It's value right now should be $360-$380ish, you guys can correct me if you want

So what am I looking for in return? Any electric guitar around the same price when I bought it ($430, I won't mind about $30-$50 less or more either). To be kinda specific:
(When I mean Any, I mean any kind of brand, or anything. I'll accept no-names too)
(Listed from most wanted down to wanted)
- Any kind of Telecaster
- Any kind of Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/etc..
- Any PRS (I think the have $400ish models)
- Any SG
- Those Washburn Idol things :x
- Any Les Paul
- Any Flying V
- Any other Gibsons/Epiphones (I doubt Gibsons lol)
- Any other Fender thats not a Stratocaster
- Any Carvin (not sure of the price ranges)
- And Peavy

But do try to refrain from offering: (no offense)
- Ibanez's (I was interested in a Artcore, but I already have a hollow body, so yeah)
- Soloist shaped guitars/anything similar
- Jacksons
- Any guitar thats more suited for metal

Still, offer me any electric guitar you want, I'll consider anything (to a point, you know?)

Pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Blash/Strat%20For%20Trade/

Cheers
Last edited by Blash at Jan 10, 2007,
I have an artcore in the thread in my sig. It's a bit under your value, but take a look at the accessories I have. I'll combine stuff.

edit: you need a different link for the picture to work. that one wants me to log in as you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I like the Artcore alot, but yeah, It's kinda under value, and I don't think I need the other stuff right now :/ Sorry

It does? Weird, I guess I'll post the pics manually

Front of guitar
Close up of body
Back of guitar
Headstock and serial
Close up of sticker saying it's a Special Edition
is the original pickguard white tortoise or just white?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
careful with the bump, they'll getcha. Did you get my PM?
Don't drink water, fish #@$! in it.
Are you interested in project-quality guitars, or deals for a variety of stuff? I have a buddy in New York, so I could probably arrange for an exchange to actually take place in person. I have some interesting projects, some decent effects, etc. and would love to bundle a bunch of it up and find a home for it...
i realllllyyyy have a thing for light natural finishes. but is it worth trading my 72 thinline for....? i dont think so.. i've got an RG321. eh?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by lethargytartare
Are you interested in project-quality guitars, or deals for a variety of stuff? I have a buddy in New York, so I could probably arrange for an exchange to actually take place in person. I have some interesting projects, some decent effects, etc. and would love to bundle a bunch of it up and find a home for it...

Yeah, I'm interested in just about everything. Do you know what he'd be able to offer me in exchange? Just wondering :x
And what part of NY does he live in?

Sure, so what would you have to trade? :x (hah sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk, I don't know any other way to say that)

Quote by staticoverdub
i realllllyyyy have a thing for light natural finishes. but is it worth trading my 72 thinline for....? i dont think so.. i've got an RG321. eh?

Me too, specially with maple fingerboards, it'sa awesome combo. :x
Hah I wish, I'm gonna start saving up for a Thinline soon anyway, or a SG.
Nah sorry, I'm not really into Ibanez's (I like Artcores though, but I already have a hollow body), I should of put that up on the first post :/
Let me PM you a bunch of stuff -- maybe I can put together a heap of interesting stuff -- that strat is damn fine!
Quote by 7PlaGues
that is a nice strat you are selling. just trying to give you some advice, used MIM strats are all over ebay for 200-250. some of the anniversaryor signature MIM strats are going for more. If this were a MIJ strat, I would trade you in a hearbeat

Hah yeah I know what you mean, but I'm trying to keep ithe trading range around $300-350 cause if I swap with someone for a guitar around the same price, no one loses money. But on eBay, if you sold a $400ish Strat for $250 or something, you lose money, you know? Thats just my opinion though, I dunno If anyone else thinks of it that way. :x

Quote by lethargytartare
Let me PM you a bunch of stuff -- maybe I can put together a heap of interesting stuff -- that strat is damn fine!

Hah sure, take your time :x (Oh and thanks for the compliment )
Quick bump :x

And just so you guys know, I might be trading alot more stuff. Possibly:

The Strat shown here
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Maestro Sunburst 12-String (don't know the model name, its a vintage guitar though)
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Vox Green DA5 Portable Amp
DigiTech Whammy
PSP with a ton of games/accessories
Trigun DVD Box set of all seasons (yeah, I used to be a nerd)
Maybe an iPod?
Computer?
Cell Phone?

Long story why I'm selling all this, I dunno If I'm actually going to though. I gotta talk it over with my family.
I have a Washburn I64 PL that I would trade you for your strat. It was a special edition WI64 that was only sold through Music123. The ebay link I'll put here is NOT my guitar, but its the only place I could find information and pictures of it. If you're interested, I can email you pictures of my actual guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-Idol-wi-64pl_W0QQitemZ270077062750QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also have a hard case for it.

maybe we can make a deal?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Jan 12, 2007,
roamingbard13: Hah looks great, for which Strat though?

7PlaGues: PM sent

FOk, here's the things I might sell/trade:

The Strat shown here
Maestro Sunburst 12-String (don't know the model name, its a vintage guitar though)
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
DigiTech Whammy
PSP with a ton of games/accessories
Trigun DVD Box set-ish

I'll post more info later
Last edited by Blash at Jan 12, 2007,
Your MIM strat. PM me your email address if you would like pictures.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
roamingbard13's winning so far :x

Heres the final list of what I'm gona trade:

The Strat shown here
Set of 3 Single Coils, not sure what type or how they sound (they're alot of money though)
DigiTech Whammy
PSP with a ton of games/movies/accessories
Trigun DVD Box set-ish with all 8 volumes

So if theres anything your interested in, let me know :x I'll post pics and more details of everything later tonight.
Last edited by Blash at Jan 15, 2007,
OFFERS FOR THE STRAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12 AM EST, otherwise I'll trade with roamingbard13. I'm accepting any kind of guitar now (except Ibanezs and Soloist like guitars), acoustic or electric (still preferably electric)

After it's over, I'll post info and pics of everything else.

For acoustics, I'll trade for:
- Any jumbo shaped guitar
- Epiphone Dove
- Epiphone Hummingbird
- Epiphone EJ-200
- Epiphone EL-00
- Cordoba Gitano D-5 Acoustic Gypsy Jazz Guitar
- Any Bajo Sexto
- Dean V Coustic Thin Body Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Last edited by Blash at Jan 15, 2007,