HELL YEA! that thing is sick, i have the head for my cabinet, it rules, i hope u got the pedalboard, becus withouth the pedalboard its not gonna be nearly as sweet
Last edited by DimeRazorback at Jan 8, 2007,
I'd say so. My friend just got the 150 and he really likes it.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
a good practice amp, yes. if you gig, or play with people with tube amps, you may regret your purchase. but, the amp is good for giving you a taste of what you can do with effects and such
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I wanna know a little more about this amp. I want a 2x12 combo and need to sell my half stack. (psh. Laney.)

Can anyone who owns this amp tell me what the Julien-K/Amir Derakh presets sound like?
^I thought that Laney's were high end tube amps? And the Spider is ok, I had the Spider II, and still use it as backup, but once you play a real tube amp, you might regret it. But for $300, its not that bad of a price I guess.
Im sorta new here, but i recently bought a line6 Spider 3, 75watt amp aswell. I thinks its a brilliant amp, and i just noticed as i turned it on, i was holdin down the 'tap' button and it goes strange, ie the master volume changes the amp model lights, but the sound remains the same. Anyone else got this to happen, and/or know what it does etc? Cheers!
Quote by Replicant
I wanna know a little more about this amp. I want a 2x12 combo and need to sell my half stack. (psh. Laney.)

Can anyone who owns this amp tell me what the Julien-K/Amir Derakh presets sound like?

If that's a valve laney you're selling for a spider, I'm going to shit on your doorstep.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^^ hahaha.. iv heard bad things about it. wait until the spider haters come.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

My Laney is a solid state. MXD120. It's really not much good. The cleans are ok, the distortion just sucks. But I am not selling it FOR a Spider III. I'm selling it to make space, my room is getting a little crowded, lol
All Line 6 effects sound overly digital to good ears. I don't like Line 6 stuff much.
METALLICA.
i got the Spider II 212 not that long ago. i dont care what anyone says i love that fargin amp its great and it doesnt nearly sound as digitial as all these UG'ers claim.

As for your purchase, i got my amp for 400 dollars, and mines a Spider II. You definatly got a good deal, enjoy it man!

Oh yea you definatly wanna get a footcontroller. But dont bother with the FBV shortboard get the FBV express, its all ya need. atleast its all i need. Wah pedal, four stombox presets and chromatic tuner all in one for like 90 bucks compared to 250 for the shortboard with a lotta extra buttons.
IMO...Spiders sound very inoraganic. Very steril and overprossesed. I prefer Roland Cubes.
But, they are pretty good practice amps. I would never be caught dead gigging with one though.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by richyrichy
Im sorta new here, but i recently bought a line6 Spider 3, 75watt amp aswell. I thinks its a brilliant amp, and i just noticed as i turned it on, i was holdin down the 'tap' button and it goes strange, ie the master volume changes the amp model lights, but the sound remains the same. Anyone else got this to happen, and/or know what it does etc? Cheers!

I think doing that resets all the presets or something but you'd have to check your manual.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
more presets = better tone.

Fact.

The fender bassman and marshall plexi only had one preset, so they suck balls.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
arachnophobes... the spider amp can actually be a good amp if people the sound of it.. most people who hate it just don't know how to use it. i'm not saying that because i have one (i don't actually but i like the sounds you CAN get out of them). I actually have a tube amp (make/model unknown) but i like the sound of the spider.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp