I'm going to play in a talent show. I need to play a spanish-style song or flamenco. I already chosed one song (brisas habaneras - juan martin) but well I'm starting to regret my choice. I need a song with impressive falsetas....I already have a good technique, now I just need something very impressive and tough. If you know a good tab, please lemme know!! The show is approaching fast !!

thanks
(sorry for the errors, I'm not english )

Edit: I just think brisas habaneras is a bit boring and repetitive.
Last edited by Mazout360 at Jan 7, 2007,
mederteranian sundance (sp) by al diMeola ?
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I think you're looking for an actual concert solo, right?

I suggest you head down to your local sheet music shop and purchase some

get a book of sabicas transcriptions or something similar
Obsession Confession ~ Slash

its a great peice but not sure if it is what you are looking for but has a great solo at the end.

Obsession Confession
(you can always cut out the bits you dont want to play on the song)
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Great songs, but i'd like one with more fast chords and rasguedos, people told me they like it when I do rasguedos I thinked about mediterranean sundance but it's way better with two guitars and anyway i can't do exactly the fast part that they repeat often...something like
E--2-3-5-3-2-----------------2-3-5-3-2------------
B-----------------4-5-7-5-4---------------5-4-5/7--
G-------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------
E ------------------------------------------------------

I can't play it as fast as on al di meola's videos. Is it really done using i m a i m or am I wrong ? Strangely this part really causes me problems....
what about that Yngwie Malmsteem (sp?) acoustic guitar solo

EDIT: You could always speed up the song you dont have to play it like the original. Plus if you do your own version then maybe you will get extra credit
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
what about that final fantasy 9 song? i forgot the name, its a nice flamenco song... i think the tabs are here in ng
What is cool without music?
Quote by Mazout360
Great songs, but i'd like one with more fast chords and rasguedos, people told me they like it when I do rasguedos I thinked about mediterranean sundance but it's way better with two guitars and anyway i can't do exactly the fast part that they repeat often...something like

I can't play it as fast as on al di meola's videos. Is it really done using i m a i m or am I wrong ? Strangely this part really causes me problems....

its played w/ hammerons/pulloffs
so its not as hard as it seems
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Are you sure ? After having saw a video of this song I believe he really plays every note...But well it sounds nice with hammer-on pull-offs, and it's way easier... any other suggestions ?
paco plays it picado, and al picks it.

my suggestion to go buy yourself a book of concert solos still stands
Quote by Mazout360

Same here! The rest of the song is bearable, but those parts are just too fast.

Quote by TinTin8
Nah, I'm quite sure those aren't hammer-ons and pull-offs.
Suggestions please I can't find anything!

BTW I have a question : for the classical guitar "grades", where could I find information to know which grade I am without needing a teacher ?
Malaguena man. Play that. That's a beautiful spainsh guitar song. Look up songs by the Gypsy Kings like galaxia.

Anything from Paco De Lucia is going to be a winner. If you're a beginner though you may just want to go with Malaguena.
You might do better asking for Spanish songs instead of flamenco. As you can see for yourself, none of the above suggestions are even remotely flamenco.

Classical guitar grades mean nothing much. There are ungraded players who sound professional. And there are grade 8 holders who can only play those 3 exam pieces while being essentially a pretty crap player. You can check ABRSM, LCM or Guildhall websites for syllabi. But remember that being able to play those 3 grade 8 pieces doesn't make you a grade 8 player etc.

Hence, you need the evaluation of an experienced player or teacher to tell you.
^ 3 ? In Canada it's 4 pieces, 2 studies.

I wholeheartedly agree though. It's kind of like, "Well if you have to ask....". I wouldn't worry about it too much. But going for a grade can help you get focused, or can give you some creds to the regular public if you are going to do any teaching. It will make parents feel good, and stuff.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by TinTin8

Nope it's all picked. It is that hard.

For you, maybe. I got it down, but it took me a week or so.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
hey man how about....../oscar lopez/classical soul/.. its a really long tricky piece..youl be sure 2 impress if u can play it wright.. its in ultimate guitar. good luck
Good song, but i'm searching something a bit more technical...Paco de Lucia has good songs but I'm unable to choose which one is the best