I have a pretty hard decision on what i should get for my next amp. I'm a relatively beginner guitarist(1 year of playing) and i want to start gigging. I'll be using a Gibson Standard SG with my amp, but i dont know which amp to get. I am thinking of the vox ad100vt, since some say it is loud enough. my price range is $400-600. i am looking for tones similar to rush(yyz, la villa strangiato), ranging to the beatles. any suggestions for what i should get?
check out b-52's at series 60 watt amp, all tube $550, you can get a lot of diff tones out of it try one out and see if u like it
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
fernandes ravelle elite (honey burst finish, emg 81 in bridge.)
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
and it should be plenty loud for a small gig and if u get realy serious and start doing big shows u'll prob mike it anyway so yah combos are the way to go
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
ok, i took that into consideration and went to musician's friend. but then i saw a lot of people saying that it crapped out on them a month after they bought it. do you personally own one?
ive tried one and i ordered one hasnt come yet tho i dont know if it will crap out or not but it has a pretty good factory warrenty so if it craps out after a month just ask em to repair it and if realy starts pissin u off i think u can return it
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
nope u cant return it unless u get some kinda store warranty but theyll replace it for u
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
if u dont mind solid state try line 6 personally i prefer tubes because im all about overdrive ive looked a lot and id say b-52 is prob the best for that price you could try the peavy valveking, i randall has a tube amp with really good overdrives too cant remember the name tho
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
I like the Valvetronix amps, but I'd definitely buy an all tube combo before I bought the 100W Vox.

For gigging, you don't need as much power as you think. A 30-40W tube amp will get you thru medium sized gigs without a problem. And for shows bigger than that, you can mic 'em. For a little more than that Vox, you could get a Peavey Classic 30, or a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Either one would be a better choice for gigs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i like vox AC30
or Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard