Does Anyone roughley know how much it would cost to change a right handed electric to a left handed
You could just re-string it and not have a pick guard. Thats what hendrix did.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Quote by burntfacedog

dont you need to change the nobs around
Quote by nath744
dont you need to change the nobs around

Well it won't affect the sound of the guitar or anything. It may not be as comfortable though, I dont know.
You need to change the nut, that's really the only thing that is really neccessary.
Quote by burntfacedog
Well it won't affect the sound of the guitar or anything. It may not be as comfortable though, I dont know.

Because i would probably accidently change the volume and tone and stuff
Quote by TJM2482
You need to change the nut, that's really the only thing that is really neccessary.

Oh yeah the different thicknesses. Didn't think of that.
Quote by burntfacedog

Not have a pickguard? What does that have anything to do with putting the string the other way around? The only thing you would need to change is the nut. Though, you may need to change the bridge depending of what type of bridge it is.
im sorry im new to guitars and i dont really understand what your talking about
Quote by pinoyplaya
Not have a pickguard? What does that have anything to do with putting the string the other way around? The only thing you would need to change is the nut. Though, you may need to change the bridge depending of what type of bridge it is.

Well if you turned the guitar around and re-strung it the pick guard would be situated above the strings instead of below so it wouldn't be doing it's job. You'd still have the pickguard it just would have moved.

EDIT: It depends on the guitar.
Last edited by burntfacedog at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Re-intonating it as well.
So basically, restring, flip nut + a good set-up.
Depends where you go.
New strings - $5
Flip nut - nothing
New nut - depends on material. I recommend bone or graphite.
Set-up - Also depends, but I don't anticipate more than $30.

+1. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to a beautiful but left handed MIM sunburst Tele I saw the other week. (I'm right handed)

The controls will only be an issue if you spend a bunch of time switching from one pu to another.
Yeah, and a set-up means taking it to a pro, and telling him you want a set-up, like re-intonation. He'll put on the strings for you, too. I'd do the nut myself, though. Just cause he'd charge you for that. Just...Do it yourself.
People have various different ways of removing the nut. I used an exacto knife and kinda just pried it off, but that can be potentially bad for the nut....So anyone else wanna share?