Page 1 of 2
I like making threads, its like everyone talking to me!

....so....some people seem to have cool parents who actually introduced them to the music they like....others not really. So what are yours like?

My mom listens to elton john,rod stewart, james blunt, all those homosexual british men so attractive to middleaged men and women, so she's not cool

...and i dont think ive ever seen my dad listen to music, so thats a bit awkward
I'm listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival right now, which my Dad introduced me to. My dad also introduced me to Deep Purple and Led Zep.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
My mum likes, The kooks, Snow Patrol, Muse, RHCP, Ray Charles, nearly everything.

My dad mainly likes old 60s and 70s music.
My parents have bad taste in music. They listen to pop country... I grew up listening to it all my life, and I'm seeing the effects of it now as I'm getting into classic rock, and not knowing ANYTHING about the bands.
My parents listen to a lot of stuff. They both listen to a lot of classic rock, and my dad listens to a lot of jazz and blues.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
My mom likes early stuff from The Beatles and Elvis.
My dad likes Eric Clapton and Deep Purple.
I like Eric Clapton, SRV, DP, Led, nearly every good classic rock.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
My dad listens to classic rock, which I still do. It's what got me started down this rocky road that I love so much
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Mom likes disco... meh go figure. My dad likes the classic stuff Cream, Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Boston, Lynrd Skynrd, etc...
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
My dad listens to Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Pink Floyd, KISS, all sorts of stuff. My mom listens to shitty music like Hinder and Evanescence.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
hey at least you all are lucky your parents listen to newer music my mom thinks modern music is ****ing beatles and the supremes
Elton John may be homosexual but he's not gay. He's an awesome musician.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
My dad listens to classic rock (Led Zep, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc).
My mom listens to classic rock, disco and uh...Rammstein.

O_o;
-Wahrheit Lied
I need a sig. :O!
My mom listens to music like Journey and Pink floyd.
My Dad listened to the Scorpions and Judas priest.
A lot of the shit my dad listens to is pure shit. (Shania Twain) But he also loves Van Halen so its all good.
Quote by Muphin
Elton John may be homosexual but he's not gay. He's an awesome musician.

tru dat
My dad loves the old blues kind of stuff. B.B. King especially. My mom's more into old R&B and soul, like Al Green and Marvin Gaye.
My parents introduced me to all the good stuff.
They both love music and love that I love it.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell

im sorry but i guess i should've come up with a better topic

^^cool..a fellow nirvana fan and a new yorker....thats cool
My dad listens to world music, some classic rock, and tons of blues, jazz and fusion. My mom listens to that middle-aged kinda pop (Sting, Annie Lenox, etc). I was raised on Stevie Wonder and Earth Wind and Fire and all that all Rnb stuff, though, and its had an HUGE influence on my life.
Yea i got one of the cool dads

hes into van halen, .38 special, motley crue, metallica, ect.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
my step mom is into all the glam shit. My dad listen's to about everything... he listen's metal. that's how i got into it. pantera, slayer, megadeth, death, metallica. my mom listens to everything also.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by RB cam RB
Yea i got one of the cool dads

hes into van halen, .38 special, motley crue, metallica, ect.

That sucks.
my parents listen to horrible music, and my dad always tells me stuff I don't care about about his music. Today while I was driving, I had turned on Doary of a Madman by Ozzy. My dad turns it off and I think "Okay, I guess he wants me to just concentrate on the road" 1 minute later he turns it on again and turns on football. WTF?
" What do I say to an Atheist who sneezes? "Uh, when you die nothing happens"?- Dane Cook
My parents both listened to the same things, mainly Creedance Clearwater Revival and Elvis. There was a lot of old country thrown in there too; they have quite a few vinyls (but none of anyone that's still remembered). They also liked Johnny Cash, but don't seem to have bought any of his records. I'd love to have a few original Cash vinyls.

And, I like everything I mentioned in this post! So it was a positive influence. But these days, my parents stick with Southern Gospel. That, on the other hand, I'm not a fan of.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
My mom listens to mostly 80's rock, and a lot of newer stuff (Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, etc), but occasionally some country. My dad listens to whatever.
My mom likes all sorts of stuff, from John Denver and Elton John, to Ozzy/Black Sabbath

My dad likes 80's (or 70's not sure) rock, like The Who, The Cars, The Eagles, etc.
my dad got me into a lot of good music: journey, def leppard, kansas, rush, bryan adams, and boston.

my mom enjoys john denver, billy joel, chicago, that kind of stuff
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
My dad: Jimi hendrix, led zep, david bowie, pink floyd, deep purple etc etc.

My mum: The beatles, older eric clapton stuff, john lennon etc.

She's not that into music.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
mines listen to gangsta rap. have the discography of 50 cent and one of their personal heroes is eminem
they call me a pussy because i hate their music.

actually, im kidding. they listen to old classic rock and 70's - 80's pop.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

dad listens to Primus, Janes Addiction, Red Hot Chili peppers, No Doubt, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Reel Big Fish, The Specials, English Beat, JAmes Brown, Rancid, and Sublime

Mum listens to Coldplay, Phantom PLanet, SNow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab for Cutie, Persephone's Bees, The Cure, The Smiths, and the Strokes

man my parents are cool!
My mom listens to Stuff like Journey and Rod Stewart, which is cool
and my dad listens to stuff like Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr, which is even more awesome.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
My dads into Boston, Steve Miller Band, The Cars, Tom Petty, Skynrd, Tom Cochrane and John Cougar Mellencamp. My dad likes a lot of Classic Rock. My mom well I have no clue, mainly pop, I guess.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
my dad listens the beatles, the who, neil young, johnny cash, pearl jam, the white stripes, beck, and tons of other stuff, and he was a hardcore kiss fan as a kid. my mom listens to whatever i guess, but apparently she used to be into harder stuff like van halen and black sabbath. i got most of my musical tastes from my dad. i grew up listening to the beatles, the who, and neil young, which is awesome.
My dad: AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy, Molly Hatchet, and old country shit like Merle Haggard and Waylon Jennings.

My mom just listens to the pop country stuff. It's depressing.
Page 1 of 2