Quote by hemi-san
25 watts? uhm. no

Actually, 25 watts of all tube is very loud, loder than 50 watts SS for sure, and if you found it 280, go for it, sounds like a great deal.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Should I get this or the fender blues jr? I'm scared cuz I cant try it out.
What type of music you like?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by hemi-san
25 watts? uhm. no

You're an idiot.

That amp looks pretty damn cool, wouldn't mind trying one of those. It seems a market is evolving for low price tube amps.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
It's alright, but no reverb. And I used to have a pignose and I didn't like its sound.
Well, best thing you could do is look for soundclips, or ask for people who own them for advice, or reviews.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Johnson are pretty crap, in my experience. They make cheapo stuff with specs that look somewhat decent but fail to achieve anything useful. They also lie in their specs - like their guitars say they use original Floyd Roses but they really are licensed, I think people had issues with their guitars made of plywood/something else combo instead of mahogany or whatever it was supposed to be. Dodgy company, I'd steer away from them if I were you.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by hemi-san
25 watts? uhm. no

nOOb

25 watts would easily be enuf if not to much for him!
Quote by afroboy
Should I get this or the fender blues jr? I'm scared cuz I cant try it out.

Can you return it if you don't like it? Without some insane restocking fee?

I would buy the Blues Jr., with confidence. Generally the cheapest item isn't the best deal.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
+1. I would totally agree

I guess that means I get to say +2.

But I'd go for the blues jr. They are amazing amps.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ar73m
Johnson are pretty crap, in my experience. They make cheapo stuff with specs that look somewhat decent but fail to achieve anything useful. They also lie in their specs - like their guitars say they use original Floyd Roses but they really are licensed, I think people had issues with their guitars made of plywood/something else combo instead of mahogany or whatever it was supposed to be. Dodgy company, I'd steer away from them if I were you.

Thanks for the advice, I just wasn't sure what their reputation was. OK, I promise I'll get the blues jr now . . . until I get more money or see a sweeter amp! (JK)
Actually I was quite surprised at the capability of this little amp. I picked one up...and I'm pretty happy with it. I own a guitar shop...so I'm able to A/B in comparison. I play a little bit of everything (classic rock, blues, and classic metal) and it sounds just as good as the little Peavy tube amp. I actually like it better than the Fender Jr...but I'm not a Fender fan in way shape or form. I've played 2 different hollow-bodies through my Boss ME-50 pedal...and I like what I hear. But I actually prefer to by-pass it and cook the tubes with the gain. (I have a few other true-bypass pedals I'm going to experiment with.)

The other thing is weight. At about 25 lbs...that' heaving compared to my guitar player's 2-12 Fender DeVille. I will admit I like a 12" extension cab plugged in as well to give a little more head-room before breaking up.
Quote by SG thrasher
Just because it's tube doesn't mean its good, thats a common misconseption.

EDIT: and the biggest steal of the century is the Epiphone VJ.

The biggest steal of the century was when the Epi VJ was only $100 retail.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
They're not anything special.
I'd go for the Blues Junior.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
my guess is their alot like pignose amps
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by hemi-san
25 watts? uhm. no

Shouldn't you have had a think about that one.

Dude, from what I read, that sounds like a great amp for the price, I would definitely research it because that sounds pretty damn good.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM