it sure is a nice guitar

where would i find coloured pickups like that?

they all seem to be black or white.

i have no idea what im talking about.. but yer

also. what are pickup covers?

thanks
Dimarzio gives lots of color options on their pickups.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan pickups are available in multiple colors, including blue on the dimarzios, depending on the model. Your best bet is musiciansfriend.com

Pickup covers are just nickel shields soldered on to the pickups to smooth out the tone. Common on Gibsons and PRSs. They are almost always chrome or gold.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

ohk thanks

and my local guitar store... only has black and white ones. so yer
Quote by RPotts
Pickup covers are just nickel shields soldered on to the pickups to smooth out the tone. Common on Gibsons and PRSs. They are almost always chrome or gold.

No, all pickups need covers, have you ever disassembled electronics on a guitar?
When you remove the single coils from their place, either the pickguard or the wood you can remove the cover from the pickup coils.

This, is a pickup with its cover, besides, theres the same pickup without its cover (Invalid img)

and these are covers by themselves.
(Invalid img)

Now, the thing is that certain styles of pickups (PAFs for example) have a cover over their plastic covers (sometimes these aren't present), made out of metal and they look like this:

(Invalid img)

But yeah, what you need are DiMarzios or Duncans, maybe you can buy pickup covers only, although i am not sure if they fit pickups that weren't produced by their companies.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
you can buy plenty of single cover colored pickup covers, but humbuckers don't have plastic pickup covers on them, they just have the plastic bobbins on top.
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
Psh....covers are for weiners.

Nah, I'm just playing. Kind of. Anyway, you can get pickup covers all over the place. eBay isn't a bad idea, but if you own Dimarzios, I hear Dimarzios are slightly taller single coils, so you have to buy different ones than normal (Different than Allparts, which is a great site to buy em from, too.)...At least that's what the guy in my local shop said. I don't own any Dimarzio singles. [shrugs]
it sure is a nice guitar

where would i find coloured pickups like that?

On my guitar....it's exactly the same as that pic!

Dimarzio and SD boch to loads of colour options for their pickups, as do Swineshead in the UK. DImarzio singles aren't generally any different, but I know the Evo single is a little taller than a standard single coil.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Swineshead make all sorts of colours, and colours made out of wood as well, but you cannot buy the covers separatly
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.