well, my dads 50th birthday is coming up soon. and he would like me to perform in front of about 150 people. what easy songs would you reccomend that a 50 year old would like? or what are some easy songs to play to your father?
id say something chill like nirvana,
easy, relaxing, and i really cant think of a person who doesnt enjoy them
dude, mine too. feb 1st. big 5-0. i heard he's gonna have strippers so i'll have to probably go after the cake and stuff. play some acoustic stuff. people of all ages can enjoy it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Reelin' in the Years by Steely Dan.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Another One Bites the Dust.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
happy birthday.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Living on a Prayer- Bon Jovi.

The line "your half way there! ooohhhoh livin on a prayer!" would bring tears of (insert adjective here) to their eyes.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
"Creedence Clearwater Revival" will be a winner. You would have heard of many of their songs, and they are REALLY easy too. John Fogerty was their front man. But your dad would know all of their songs

* Bad Moon Rising is one of their hits, and is really easy, it has 3 chords (D - G - A I think, the have it Tabbed here)
* Proud mary is another. (again very ease, but cool)
* Down on the corner is another. (make sure you learn it too)

Hope this helps
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Quote by ckellingc
Die Grandfather - Stephen Lynch

LOL man i really LMAO.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Just play something completely unexpected.

I recommend "Thunderhorse" - Dethklok
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Sleepwalk, by Santos and Johnny, its a great song from the 50's with beautiful guitar work.
"The guitar is just a wonderful instrument. It's everything: a bartender, a psychiatrist, a housewife. its everything, but it's elusive." -Les Paul
Let's get it on-i have no idea who its by

lol at another one bites the dust
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
Just pray on your life that your father doesn't end up yelling "FREEEEBIIIIIIIIIRRRRRDD!!"

Quote by DJaye
"Creedence Clearwater Revival" will be a winner. You would have heard of many of their songs, and they are REALLY easy too. John Fogerty was their front man. But your dad would know all of their songs

* Bad Moon Rising is one of their hits, and is really easy, it has 3 chords (D - G - A I think, the have it Tabbed here)
* Proud mary is another. (again very ease, but cool)
* Down on the corner is another. (make sure you learn it too)

Hope this helps

Damn good music. I also recommend Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
How about you find out some of his favourite songs - ask your mother, or one of his mates (it might seem weird, but it's worth colluding to help stage a good 50th b'day party).

Failing that, how about trying to find what was number 1 when he was born, and then just do a few classic "golden oldies". For an emotional ending, you could always do something like "Cat's In The Cradle".
Its High Time For A Walk On The Real Side, Lets Admit The Bastard's Beat Us!
Dust in the Wind - Kansas

That might work. But I agree woth the guys who said what ever was popular when he was young. Or whatever songs he liked back then. My dad gets a kick out of it when I bust out some 30-35 year old music.
Quote by JMack

Damn good music. I also recommend Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

Yeah, thats a cool one too.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
You could grab a Wah pedal and throw in some Hendrix, everyone enjoys that.

Birthday by The Beatles. I played that for my dad's 50th and he loved it.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
stairway to heaven. and change it at the end so its and "you" are climbing the stairway to heaven.

if you sing that is
I play for 30-60 year olds every second weekend and through my experience these are loved.

Lightning Crashes - Live. Simple, easy and if you can sing, it can be rather impressive.

For a bit of fun on the guitar, its hard to go past Satch. Crushing Day is a pretty easy song but really gets people going if done right.

Roadhouse Blues all the way. If you want your dad to get into it, play something he is guaranteed to know.

Sweeeeet Home Alabama...Where skys are so blue....etc. Might sound a bit pansy, but if anyone is drinking i assure you it will work.

Johnny Cash - Easy to play, most people know his stuff. Just about everyone will know Bridge over troubled water.

If your dad is a bit new age and is into music of today (unlikely) then the chilli peppers are the way to go. Something like fortune faded always works.

On that note, Wolfmother is a fairly popular band with many oldies who are into the music of today. Suggestion - Joker and the Theif

Boston - More than a feeling. Play it well or not at all. amazing song which apeals to all generations but if you stuff it up......Well its not pretty

You give love a bad name - Bon Jovi, short and sweet.

Good Luck. Just whatever you do, resist the urge to bring out Metallica, Trivium, or Rage against the machine. In my experience no older person wants to hear them....strangly enough they don't mind Audioslave, BLS or Black Sabbath
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE