So im writing an essay and its bassed upon personal growth, more specificly one person developing more then another person. So please guys if you have any lyrics from any song that would work for this ( its for the capture sentence in the intro paragraph btw) please let me hear them. I really appreciate it guys thanks

P.S. no bull this is seriouse please and thanks
Havent listened to it in a while so I forgot most of the lyrics, but the whole CD is about how the narrator grows personal and is fulfilled with his life after experiencing a kind of mystic / psychic(?) experience. The songs towards the end would probably serve you well. (Its a story album)
Quote by IbanezRckr101
So im writing an essay and its bassed upon personal growth, more specificly one person developing more then another person. So please guys if you have any lyrics from any song that would work for this ( its for the capture sentence in the intro paragraph btw) please let me hear them. I really appreciate it guys thanks

P.S. no bull this is seriouse please and thanks

hmmm . . . this is a tough one. Can't think of anything right now.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
alright ill check out that album, and if it doesnt help me on my essay i might still just go out and buy it it soudns sweet
that DT album wont help you... its about a girl get raped... i would try Vai...
How about "I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell, I know, right now you can't tell" from Matchbox Twenty, or "Questions of science, science and progress, don't speak as loud as my heart" from Coldplay?

Maybe I'm missing the point, if I am just tell me.
I'm not sure what Vai songs, but does it have to be lyrics?

Take Vai's K'm-Pee-Du-Wee, it's a lullaby, according to the album booklet, a song on the concept album Real Illusions: Reflections, you could do an analysis of the song structure. But I guess this is more about linguistic, rather than audial... You could interpret your essay as the baby developing more than the mother? All the essay says is developing more; like a child will always be developing more than the parent.

Well there's some ideas anyway.
check out his newest album... there is some really weird stuff on it ... its called real reflections
hmm i like it ill play with it some,

keep the ideas flowing guys i really appreciate it
well more information on my essay
What it is, is a comparative essay to Bassanio ( merchant of venice ) to Ralph ( lord of the flies)

im comparing their personal growth and its to see who has had more personal growth. In the
essay im saying Bassanio has more personal growth.

Hope this helps and thanks alot guys
Here is Vai talking about K'm-Pee-Du-Wee. You'll find more info on the rest of that album for the other songs easily enough, I hope. All the songs are a concept, so maybe you could find something? Maybe Lotus Feet has something you could use.

That's if you want to interpret the music as lyrics, that way. That's what I'd do. Maybe I've been spending too much time around art...
Its all about the benjamins, seriously.

"What ya wanna do wanna be ballin, shot callin, brawlin?" - describes a person

then the rest of the song describes how one's developed, and how you develop. So sick.
*shudder* Not the Merchant of Venice. I did some assignment about it. Well actually, I didn't do it. But I see you mean not physical growth itself. Hmm...

This is really hard. I have some examples, but they span more than one song, and even an entire album. Yargh...

For example, Opeth's Ghost Reveries album is about some devil worshipping guy or something... atoning for his sins, and eventually falling back to the devil.

It also depends what you mean by growth. Can it be negative growth, for example, Metallica's One or Welcome Home (Sanitarium)? This is what I dislike about essays, the question given to me always recieves them back tenfold.

Again for the "negative" as such, is The Living End's The Room. It's an 8 odd minute song, about some guy, I assume, coming out of jail, or at least some form of confinement.

Hmm... Actually, look at the lyrics to The Room. That seems pretty good. And listen, naturally; the music helps define the mood.
Last edited by Dayn at Jan 8, 2007,
I think i have a really good song for one person developing more than another. When I find the lyrics I shall post them.

Lather was thirty years old today,
They took away all of his toys.
His mother sent newspaper clippings to him,
About his old friends who'd stopped being boys.
There was Harwitz E. Green, just turned thirty-three,
His leather chair waits at the bank.
And Seargent Dow Jones, twenty-seven years old,
Commanding his very own tank.
But Lather still finds it a nice thing to do,
To lie about nude in the sand,
Drawing pictures of mountains that look like bumps,
And thrashing the air with his hands.

But wait, oh Lather's productive you know,
He produces the finest of sound,
Putting drumsticks on either side of his nose,
Snorting the best licks in town,
But that's all over...

Lather was thirty years old today,
And Lather came foam from his tongue.
He looked at me eyes wide and plainly said,
Is it true that I'm no longer young?
And the children call him famous,
And the old men call him insane,
And sometimes he's so nameless,
That he hardly knows which game to play...
Which words to say...
And I should have told him, "No, you're not old."
And I should have let him go on...smiling...babywide
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Last edited by CFlydn9 at Jan 8, 2007,
well im aiming more for positive growth, and my biggest argument is that Bassanio shows more respect to others then Ralph.

But im definatly looking for possitive, unless there is some way to incorperate a negative towards Ralph because im tryign to show that Bassanio is better
Hmm, I do suppose there is one way you can focus on the negative. Most personal growth is achieved by overcoming trials, and experiencing things, correct? Did this guy grow more, due to negative affects, even though the outcome was positive? As far as the essay question goes, it seems to me it's focusing on the transition itself, and not the end result.
yeah i think you hit the nail on the head there, more about the transition then the end result

im thinking though is there some sort of lyrics that have anythign to do with a battle and coming out victorious? that could possibly work out im still looking through my songs but to no luck
DragonForce?

How about The Living End's Nothing Lasts Forever? It's a saddish song, but Chris Cheney explains it's more in a positive light; about how much more there is after what the lady went through.

Here's two that might help, both by Stratovarius; Glory of the World, and Freedom.
Quote by IbanezRckr101
yeah i think you hit the nail on the head there, more about the transition then the end result

im thinking though is there some sort of lyrics that have anythign to do with a battle and coming out victorious? that could possibly work out im still looking through my songs but to no luck

Alright, im assuming you were talking me. But you kind of lost me with the battle part. Are you saying any kind of battle, or what? I mean, I have a lot of music and could prabably help you if i knew exactly what you were saying.
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Last edited by CFlydn9 at Jan 8, 2007,
what i mean by battle is figuratively or even actually about a physical battle either could work because icould say that the victory was a growth blah blah blah
Well you could try some Whitlams songs, they're pretty good Little Cloud, is Tim writing about coming back to Sydney after being New York and how it's so different

Eternal Nightcap is pretty good,
The Charlie songs - Charlie No. 1
- Buy Now Pay Later (Charlie No. 2)
- Charlie No. 3

are a BRILLIANT lyrical description of a friendship falling apart

And then you've got You Sound Like Louie Burdette, it's more about being stuck in a place and feeling like you're being brought down by everyone else there but because it's fun you stay, it's not so much a growth song as an acceptance song

Hope That Helped
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but possibly you could use something from The Wall by Pink Floyd. I can't really explain it so I'll copy and paste it from wikipedia.

"The storyline portrays the fictional life of an anti-hero named Pink, who is hammered and beaten down by society from the earliest days of his life: having lost his father (killed in Anzio during World War II, as was Roger Waters' own), smothered by his over-protective mother, and oppressed at school by tyrannical, abusive teachers who tried to mould him and the other pupils into the "right" shape for society (hence the recurring image of the meat grinder). Pink withdraws into his own fantasy world, building an imaginary wall, an allegory for being emotionally distant to protect himself from the rest of the world. Every bad experience in his life is "another brick in the wall". After heavily contemplating how to fill in the last few empty spaces in the wall, Pink puts off its construction for a while. He becomes a rock star and gets married (although not to Vera Lynn, as some may think — she was an entertainer in the Second World War, the track "Vera" is ironic of the fact that Roger Waters and his father never did "meet again" after the war as Vera Lynn's original song stated), only to be cheated on by his wife due to his distance and coldness, as well as the life as a rock star. After this he resumes and eventually finishes building the wall.

Pink slowly goes insane behind his freshly completed wall. He is lost on the inside, but is forced to surface by his demanding lifestyle, and I.V. drug use distributed by his crew to "keep him going through the show". Hallucinating, Pink believes that he is a fascist dictator, and his concerts are like Neo-Nazi rallies where he sets his men on fans he considers unworthy, only to have his conscience rebel at this and put himself on trial, his inner judge ordering him to tear down his wall in order to open himself to the outside world. At this point the album's end runs into its beginning with the closing words "Isn't this where..."; the first song on the album, "In the Flesh?", begins with the words "...we came in?" hinting at the cyclical nature of Waters' theme."

Seems like that could have something to do with growth lol I don't know its 4 am time for bed lolz