Whats the best custom luthier in europe who would be rather suited to making me a les paul?

Thanks.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Quote by Guitar-freak
Whats the best custom luthier in europe who would be rather suited to making me a les paul?

Thanks.

not a lot of Americans know what a "Luthier" is but they won't know an answer to your question anyway since they live here in the states and don't have any idea where's the best technician in Europe.
Yeah, i should've thought about the fact that most of the UKers are sleeping right now when i posted this thread. Ah well, i'll just bump it during the day tomorrow or something.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by pinoyplaya
not a lot of Americans know what a "Luthier" is

What are you talking about?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by pinoyplaya
not a lot of Americans know what a "Luthier" is but they won't know an answer to your question anyway since they live here in the states and don't have any idea where's the best technician in Europe.

there are people on this forum who don't live in the usa, they have opinions as well. there is life outside of america!
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by pinoyplaya

Erm... so?

Anyway, how about John Birch? Tony Iommi uses a John Birch SG and it sounds great. They've got a good reputation.
um... I'm an american (a texan no less!) and I know what a luthier is...

Also, this is a global site, not an american one. It's based in Russia for crying out loud!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I think he was talking about the fact that mostly americans will have been online at the time he posted it.

bad generalisation though
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ian1977
he means europeans are asleep right now?

not now but when the thread was created.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Luthier is not a regional word, it's a french word accepted around the world, not just in Europe or something. There's thousands of luthiers all around the world calling themselves luthiers.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
yep I re-read his post and unless I'm mistaken a technician and a luthier are two different things.

so guess who doesnt know what a luthier is.

i'll give you a hint... it isn't americans.

Quote by element4433
So any good european luthiers around??
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Danno13
Nik Huber.

+1
Theres a guy I use called John Diggins, from Birmingham UK. http://www.jaydeeguitars.com/html/ro.asp . He did some excelent mods and I know someone whos had a custom bass by him and its a tone beast. Also hes done work for AC/DC and Black Sabbath. Always a plus, no sure if he could do a les paul, never seen one at his shop but that doesnt mean much.
Quote by smb
The site is based in Europe ffs!

actually, it's in Asia.

And I resent that, alot of Americans know what a luthier is
Dickless.
I just can't get over how an 18 year old is looking into getting a custom-built guitar from his parents because Gibsons aren't good enough for him
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Who? If you're talking about me, I'm 17. And i'm getting most of the money from my own savings + a little from my mum.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by El Codyo
Russia is on a different continent than Europe ffs!

no, half of russia is in europe. east of the ural mountains is where it becomes asia.

anyway, huber would be good, patrick eggle would also be good. Those guys are more like PRS in that they have stock models etc. I'm guessing ruokangas would be worth a look too. And there are a few polish guys (rek?) too.

For totally independent guys (like, one guy making your guitar), legra, feline, trevor usher/soundsinscale are english, and presumably worth a look too. Really depends where you are, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about scandinavia? Any recognized luthiers over here? Thanks for the feedback people.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
^ ruokangas is in finland, I think. fibenare might be too (far from certain on that one).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MetalMilitia212
actually, it's in Asia.

And I resent that, alot of Americans know what a luthier is

It seems a lot of Americans don't know where Russia is though... this site is based in the detatched part of Russia surrounded by Poland.