Poll Options
View poll results: color or colour
Color
78 47%
Colour
89 53%
Voters: 167.
Page 1 of 2
Hey dude, it's colour here in Canada too. Too bad the Americans outnumber us like 7:1
actually more like 10-1 but i say colour
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Colour. The Americans shortened it.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
Yup color. Who needs vowels anyways? (At least not in excess)

But is it grey or gray?
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
MX Magnum

Amp: Peavey Audition 20

Peace Out, and Rock On
Even though the Australian spelling is colour, I spell it color, cos the olo looks like you know twat.. lolz

EDIT: oh wait olo is in both of them, well I just like color better >_> <_<
Wow, the score is 6:3 to the "colour" peeps. Shout goes out to the rest of the world!
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
Latin color, via Old French coulour; the US spelling, which excludes the u, was chosen to conform to the word's Latin origin, and to make all derivatives consistent (colorimeter, colorize, colorless, etc; see below). Elsewhere in the English-speaking world, the u has been retained.

americans didnt change it. They just use the original latin word (color). So stop hating
Last edited by sunshineshankar at Jan 8, 2007,
I use color just because it's shorter unless I want to get all fancy and then I use colour. Which sounds nice to if pronounce it with some coolio accent.
What's up?
color not colour. theater not theatre. soccer not football. whatever. but we really ****ed up the metric system.
americans are dumb, they also say mom instead of mum
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
depends on where you live obviously, im american so i spell it the american way (which is also more consistent with its pronunciation.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by fluffylump2
color not colour. theater not theatre. soccer not football. whatever. but we really ****ed up the metric system.

Yeah everyone else had a good thing going when they used metric and then America had to screw it up. I wish I used metric.
What's up?
Quote by fluffylump2

yeah, wtf is feet, miles and lbs?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
americans are dumb, they also say mom instead of mum

it is mom and not mum, if its mum then its muther, or mutter, and a mutter is a horse, so then your mum is a horse
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Does it really matter...?

I've used both many times, I just hate it when I use "colour" in a chat with someone who I just met and they ask "R U British lol?"

Oh, and I always use "Grey", it just seems... Iuno, better than gray.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by silent caution
it is mom and not mum, if its mum then its muther, or mutter, and a mutter is a horse, so then your mum is a horse

no americans pronounce it mom because they have a funny accent, you and your "ipahds"
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
no americans pronounce it mom because they have a funny accent, you and your "ipahds"

Wow, I really can't think of any other correct way to say Ipod...

Ah well, I pronounce it "ih-pid" really fast just to confuse people anyway.

I got tired of the whole color/colour thing, so now I replaced it with the word vagina. Ex: 'Hey, what vagina is your house? My house is green.' or 'How many vaginas are in the rainbow? There are six vaginas in the rainbow.'
And yeah the grey/gray thing always confused me.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
Quote by DementedHippie
And yeah the grey/gray thing always confused me.

They're both technically correct, just alternate spellings. I just prefer "Grey" because as I said it seems... Better.

Quote by Kylster
They're both technically correct, just alternate spellings. I just prefer "Grey" because as I said it seems... Better.

Yeah, grey does kick gray's ass, but for no apparent reason...
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
Quote by DementedHippie
Yeah, grey does kick gray's ass, but for no apparent reason...

Now that is something the gov't should be spending their money on, not this whole "Send a man to Mars" bullshit. We need to know why "Grey" is so far superior to "Gray"

By the way, (this is sad if you can't figure this out, but it's happened before) gov't = government.

Quote by Kylster
Wow, I really can't think of any other correct way to say Ipod...

Ah well, I pronounce it "ih-pid" really fast just to confuse people anyway.

Think British. I think it'd be sorta like, "I-pode".
MG Free At Last
I spell it color, because my name is Eric.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I say color because I'm not a pretentious dick, which is by far the worst type of dick.
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
Quote by ljplum12

australian "oi - pod"
<//////>~
Quote by ljplum12

I can sort of understand what you're getting at, but they way I'm thinking of it, it doesn't sound all that much different, just with a slightly changed tongue movement.

Eh, seems okay to me though, as long as you don't flatly say "I-pode", I'm fine with it.

Since we invented the English language and you lot speak American im gonna say "colour" because thats the right way to spell it.
Quote by espltdtosh
Since we invented the English language and you lot speak American im gonna say "colour" because thats the right way to spell it.

After reading that, I was inspired to check on the actual lineage of the English language:
Quote by wikipedia
English is an Anglo-Frisian language brought to southeastern Great Britain in the 5th century AD by Germanic settlers from various parts of northwest Germany (Saxons, Angles) as well as Jutland (Jutes).

Pfft. You stole the alphabet from the Romans, and derived most of English from Celts, Germans, and other assorted invading countries.

Which leads me to my next point:

I love my colors and iPawds and grays.

Aren't American racetracks counter-clockwise too?
Last edited by karlh07 at Jan 8, 2007,
Page 1 of 2