i have these p.o.s. computer speakers and i want to take the speakers from my stereo in my room that dot have a 3.5 plug in and use them on my computer, how do i make this happen?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
You could buy a plug at radio shack that is a 3.5mm plug with two bare wires, or three bare wires for stereo, and hook them straight up, but that's gonna sound like crap because your sound card isn't going to put out enough power to push decent speakers without an amp.
MG Free At Last
like he said ^ its not really gunna work. They're meant to be powered by an amp of some form.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
so where can i get an amp or fix that problem? will the guys at radioshack know? lo0l
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
i wanted to hook up my computer and xbox360 up to the same monitor and speakers but all i needed to convert the bigger plug to the smaller one was a converter plug. my friend did the same thing as youa nd used really old fake woodgrain speakers on his computer and he just used the same converter jack as me.
Does your stereo have an auxillary input? You'd be best off just buying new speakers.
MG Free At Last
Quote by xsouldriverx
i wanted to hook up my computer and xbox360 up to the same monitor and speakers but all i needed to convert the bigger plug to the smaller one was a converter plug. my friend did the same thing as youa nd used really old fake woodgrain speakers on his computer and he just used the same converter jack as me.

I hope somone got something out of this paragraph. I got nothing.
MG Free At Last