Ok im taking a girl to a dance at my high school but theres one little problem: I have no clue how to dance. How do i dance in general?What do i do with my arms? Fast dances? Slow dances? Im not looking to be a great dancer, i just need to be decent enough not to scare this girl off. Any help would be grandly appreciate, thanks.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Wow, an online forum is NOT the place to learn how to dance.

Watch some videos or somethink. You're pretty much screwed, the only way to get good is practice.
MG Free At Last
Hmm, don't be afraid to sit out a few dances. As in fast ones.

Anyone can slow dance, you've surely seen it in countless movies, etc. Anyone can do it.

If you have to dance quickly, do your best to either follow someone else, or just not move around too much. If that doesn't work, follow someone else's advice from this forum.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Ummm not that I'm some dancing expert or anything but on fast dances usually it's the girls job to do the work. I don't really like fast dances, it depends how fast it is. Slow dances all you do is put your arms around her waist and just move side to side with her. Pretty easy. On fast dances just do the same thing but have her back to you and don't hold her, maybe feel her arms a bit that's it. Best advice I can give seeing as I've only danced with 5 girls.
What's up?
Quote by The Pickle Man
Whip out your dick. Air-thrust rapidly and repeatedly until song ends. Put dick away.

Repeat.

Lol. That works 2. Unless she insists on whipping out her dick as well. Then dump that bitch.
What's up?
Easy...

Its just a jump to the left,
and then its step to the riiiiiiiiiiight
put your hands on your hips
and bring your knees in tiiiiiiiiiiight
then its the pelvic thruuuuust
until it drives you insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane
LEEEEEEEETS DOOOOO THE TIIIIIIME WAAARP AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
i was in your shoes last year...

the first, most basic, but most important thing is to be sure you know the beat of whatever song is going. you can probably do that to rock songs easily, and it much easier to the songs that they'll be playing at school dances. now (at home), tap your toe to that beat. easy right? well dancing is the exact same idea, except translate that to the rest of your body by moving your hips to the beat, moving back and forth to the beat, etc.

there's no one way to do it, just as long as you don't look awkward...and a big part of that is moving to the beat. and yeah, watch videos of it, especially music videos.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Lol. That works 2. Unless she insists on whipping out her dick as well. Then dump that bitch.

HAHAHA

To slow dance, put ur arms on her waist, or on her lower back, n all ull do it jus kinda move side to side slowly. If u just relax, she'll lead you n it'll be really easy.

Fast dancing gets kinda complicated. Go on youtube n search people dancing

Another thing, do NOT bounce up and down trying to stay on beat or something. I was at my school dance last night, and there was this guy jus bouncing in place like he had to take the biggest piss of all time.

n there, look around n see what people are doing, it helps to learn how to dance.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by RB cam RB
HAHAHA

To slow dance, put ur arms on her waist, or on her lower back, n all ull do it jus kinda move side to side slowly. If u just relax, she'll lead you n it'll be really easy.

i normally put it on her arse
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
have you tried youtube?.......if thats doenst work...then theres alwasy the dance classes
uhh nowadays noone really dances its all "grinding" just dry hump the shit out of the girls ass theres no real skill involved.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
To learn to dance watch Pulp Fiction, during the Mia Wallace scene where they do the Twist, now that is real dancing
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Anddd another thing. It was embarrassing as **** when it first happened, but when ur grinding, you might get a little erect.

Cuz you're kind of screwing the girl.

me: is it wierd if the guy gets hard when hes grinding with somebody?
jenn: nooooo
jenn: hahaa.
jenn: noo
me: u sure?
jenn: positive
jenn: girls kinda expect it
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
uhh nowadays noone really dances its all "grinding" just dry hump the shit out of the girls ass theres no real skill involved.

Lol. Yeah pretty much unless the girl is weird and won't let you.
What's up?
slow dances just put your arms around her at the small of her back...it's as potent as the g spot, you'll know it when you hit it. then move side to side, maybe take one of her hands out to the side now and then, and that's it. to be honest, spins are really easy too since you pretty much take one of her hands and make that twirling motion while taking a step away from her and she'll go ahead and do the rest. also, with dips (which are nice to end a spin with) make SURE that you support her by stepping forward with one leg at a right angle, just leaning over with her doesn't work trust me on this.

as far as fast dancing goes, she'll still do most of the work, grinding is in which means you just sit there and move side to side a bit, it actually really helped me for a while to imagine i was playing air guitar, everyone here will laugh but it works really well.
Well im pretty sure your screwed because im sure the boy leads and the girl follows
If they play rap just grind to it. Essentially have sex with her on the floor but normally its a good idea to keep your dick in your pants. Slow dances are the easiest shit in the world and great for initiating anything. Just move with the beat...its a lot easier than you think. After you grind with girls a lot it just becomes more normal and you can do more stuff than just sway left to right like i did when I was just an innocent freshman white boy. You'll do fine.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join