Page 1 of 3
definitely indie hipsters.

i mean, congrats for supporting small-time bands, but sometimes i swear they're just pretending they like some of this music... some bands are "independant" because they suck balls, not because they're underground or ahead of their time. and they're the worst for turning on bands just for switching record labels.

boo indie hipsters.
im going with the new age mainstreem music. Rap pop and r&B. I like that music but so does 80% of the majority. Nowadays thats all i ever hear people listening to and it drives me crazy. Not any of my friends listen to rock or metal, its all the new pop and rap stuff. Again, i am not a hater, i just dislike how its taken control of american music.
Classic rock elitists. You like Led Zeppelin? Great! I dont so shut the **** up. This goes for every classic rock band that people exaggerate to the fullest.
Quote by WrongWay
im going with the new age mainstreem music. Rap pop and r&B. I like that music but so does 80% of the majority. Nowadays thats all i ever hear people listening to and it drives me crazy. Not any of my friends listen to rock or metal, its all the new pop and rap stuff. Again, i am not a hater, i just dislike how its taken control of american music.

and mainstream is a subculture how?
Quote by frigginjerk
definitely indie hipsters.

i mean, congrats for supporting small-time bands, but sometimes i swear they're just pretending they like some of this music... some bands are "independant" because they suck balls, not because they're underground or ahead of their time. and they're the worst for turning on bands just for switching record labels.

boo indie hipsters.

well said, i whole heartedly agree.

and Reesh , that should go to anyboyd in general. If you like something you dont dont like something, its just what you like and what you dont like. No one is right or wrong.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Gangstas
Chavs
Metal-Heads
Genre-Haters

they all just seem to be completly closed minded and stuck in their ways
Quote by WrongWay

lots of people like ketchup chips too...suck it up man,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Nu-metal kids, emos and hippies
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
Quote by unplugtheradio
here we go...

Nu-metal kids
Classic Rock Elitists

Indie Hipsters

go!

my friend listens to a whole lot of nu-metal and it really annouys me because he goes on and on about how much better "disturbed" is over metallica (because he knows i like some metallica) and how metal it is, i dont really care what he listens too its just annoying

and the classic rock elistist are really annouying too, im sick of hearing how Led Zepplin influenced pretty much "everyone" somehow and how jimmy page is god and they pretty much think anything other than that isn't good enough

dont know much about indie hipsters though
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by WrongWay

Dont take this the wrong way (LOL username punnage!).

But I don't like it when people dislike music just because lots of people like it. Indie hipsters can be acused fairly of this some of the time. I have to admit it looks like the less popular a band is the better! Just so that on their myspace page they can name 400 different bands they like to make themselves look excellent. Most people I am describing probably have good intentions anyway, But it sure does grind my gears when they obviously do not.

I was NOT, necessarily referring to your good self
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Nu-metal/pop-punk kids who couldn't tell good rock from their ass holes. Over here we refer to them as "pokemons".
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Nu-metal/pop-punk kids who couldn't tell good rock from their ass holes. Over here we refer to them as "pokemons".

*cough* classic rock elitist *cough*
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
****, I forgot the pop-punk posers!
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
i dislike (hate is too strong a word, ther only people going for what they like after all) people who just like that poppy try-hard rock/rap/punk
but i do hate people that are singleminded about their music tastes and arent willing to try new music and dont give respect for anything other than their 'music from gods'...
^^^^^^by tryhard rock/rap/punk i mean the pop radio stuff, i guess in america u mite not have the same problem as we do in australia since the radio stations (in their limited numbes) almost only play the garbage
Quote by myself101
*cough* classic rock elitist *cough*

I'm sorry, did I strike a sensitive chord with you when I mentioned "nu-metal/pop-punk kids"? Feeling like one?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
I'm sorry, did I strike a sensitive chord with you when I mentioned "nu-metal/pop-punk kids"? Feeling like one?

No, you said "good music"
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
No, you said "good music"

and?...

Quote by Mad Marius
and?...

you said that they didn't know what "good music" was, just because its not led zepplin
<//////>~
Any kind of jackass pretty much sucks. Like the music you want to like, but please be cool about it. Don't be a dick, because you cause other people to label and reject an entire group, of which there might be alright people in. Furthermore, it causes people to lump everyone into some kind of group, when really, all I'd liike to do is my own thing and co-exist peacefully.
Classic rock eletists. The attitudes of the other 2 groups i can deal with but i don't like being told that no guitarist can stand up to the might of hendrix or that no band can match the shear rock of Led Zepplin. It really bugs me actually
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Quote by Reesh
Classic rock elitists. You like Led Zeppelin? Great! I dont so shut the **** up. This goes for every classic rock band that people exaggerate to the fullest.

Black metal elitists are the worst. I can agree with the choice in music, but the ignorance pisses me off. Luckily, however, there aren't that many of them.

I'd say I hate the indie kids the most. Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by these kids in my school of 2500, being the only person that wears Emperor and Impaled Nazarene type shirts.
I'd have to say pop-punk posers and gangstas and other similar ones. The pop-punk guys are making a joke out of what used to be an amazing genere of music by destroying the essence of it. They want to "rock hard," but much like the emos, they end up making it all teary and whinny. That's just not what rock or punk are about. You can have some emotion, sure. Pain, hate, stuff like that. But not "I love you, even if we met three days ago! Please don't go!" or "I broke up with my girlfriend, I'm gonna die!" Emos I can deal with, as their genere is meant to be teary and whinny, but calling Simple Plan or Good Charlotte punk bands is an insult.

As for the gangstas, they all think they've had it so damn tough, and are doing what they're doing to be someone, or so they claim. They don't do what they do for the music, they do it for the money and the slutty girls they get. That's not what music should be about... music is about the feeling, about what it means to you and others, it's not just a tool to get rich and laid. Can it get you there? Sure. Is that the main reason why you should play or sing? No. They need a grip on real life, even if money makes the world go 'round, that's not all there is to it.
Well, now... was that really necessary?

CAUTION: DO NOT FEED THE VAMPIRES
Last edited by T-106 at Jan 8, 2007,
the dungeons and dragons nerds who somehow learned to play a guitar enough to impress more dnd nerds and then play shows around the world promoting dnd. any band that has refrences to dragons are ****ing stupid.

and they classic fags like people have mentioned above. OmGFzz LED ZEPPELIN! LES PAUL! JIMMY PAGE! EDDIE VANHALEN!!! I WANT TO BE THEmZ!!!11111111111

What are we waiting for?

Crate GT1200H --> Crate Mini-Cab 4x14"
Ibanez Gio
Cort X-2
Ibanez RG7321 7-String
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
We have three main groups at my school that bug the crap out of me: emos, classic rock elitists, and gangstas. All of them annoy me equally.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Pie eaters!
always the same, you go to a coffeeshop, you order a coffee and what do you see
the guy next to you is eating a pie
always the same !
Indie hipsters irritate me the most.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Mostly the people who listen to hip-hop/rap, but i'm talking about the people who pretend to act hard in gangs and use all their slang words.
Hmm, I REALLY dislike all these 'indie' band names...

Get cape, coulour it in blue and red and yellow, save the environment, FLY.

Do make say think.

5-4=Unity

Son, Ambulance!

Oh and...

Panic! (Where?! Where is this panic?) At the disco.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by myself101
you said that they didn't know what "good music" was, just because its not led zepplin

What?! Where the hell did I say that? Where did I say anything about Led Zeppelin?

Wow...

I don't consider most of the bands people think are nu metal to be nu metal, nu metal to me is korn limp biskit linkin park and so on rap-rock if you will
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Well, they all have their goods and bads...

NuMetallers:

Pro- Not quite so adament about NuMetal being the be-all end-all of music
Cons- Generally pessimistic like their favorite bands (Slipknot, Godsmack, etc.)

Classic Rockers:

Pro- I like Classic Rock myself better than NuMetal or Indie, but that's just me.
Con- Tend to think that no one will ever top Hendrix, and look past great guitarist of today

Indie Kids:

Pro- Support new bands
Con- Will not support anyone with a label, or generally, any talent
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
emo kids or pop punk. im a self admitted classic rock elitist. but its not like i go around telling everyon jimmy page is god. i actually dont own a single led zeppelin album. but ill tell you what go listen to brain salad surgery by emerson lake and palmer or any king crimson album, and youll be right on the bandwagon. just dont be pompous.
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
Anyone and everyone who disagrees with me.

It's a very inclusive subculture.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I hate emo kids, not because of the music( which I do hate) but the fact that they are the biggest pussies and attention *****s to walk the earth. Plus not to mention that they are made out of failure and AIDs.
Page 1 of 3