Ok so i am gonna be 17 this year and my dentist tells me that i need braces i mean cmon i am going to be going to college this yr. So what should i do. I mean i know i need braces but its just that this is not the best time.

So any suggestions
I dunno how in works in the States, but here after you turn 18 or 19 or something you gotta pay for all your dentist work. And braces cost like £1500. So I got mine 2 years ago, didn't relaly need 'em as my teeth were pretty straight, but there was something up with a couple, I took the chance and gave 2 years of my lfie to the damn braces. And it worked outtttt cos now my dentist's saying if I didn't have 'em now I'd def. need to get 'em by the time I'm 25

Which would cost me a lot.

See, I'm well always right

edit: so yeah in answer to your post, just get the braces lol. They're not as bad as you think, and 2 years of 'em with a lifetime of nice teeth is a LOT better than a lifetime of crap teeth
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
u know alot of the time the dentists lie and say u need braces when u really dont. like my dentist suggested getting braces and my mum said "oh nah he doesnt want them" and then the dentist straight away goes "oh yeah well he doesnt really need them at all his teeth are very good" and me and mum were like

its cos they want the money..... but if u need braces u better get braces. nobody looks at u and goes haha he has braces.... its not uncool or anythin
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
I was told my whole life that I would not be needing braces. Then I turned 17 and the dentist referred my to an orthodontist because my teeth were looking crooked or some gay reason. So I had braces my whole senior year but luckily I only needed them for 8 months so when i went to college i got them off. I still see people here at college with them though so you probably won't be alone. Cheer up life is wonderful.
if 17 isnt the right time, when is the right time?
when ur in the middle of college, going through it with bad teeth (presumedly)
or when ur in ur mid 20s in ur prime...
?
how crooked are your teeth, seriously. a perfect smile isnt necessary.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
just get them, im getting them soon....although im younger than you
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I have em atm and they worth it. Noone cares after maybe one week. Even I have forgot them many times. It's great afterwards. It just hurts once a month when they are configurating them. But otherwise it's not a big deal.
there not that bad . i got them on when i was 12 , and ive only just recently had them taken off. ( im 14 btw ) . after the first month or so you dont really notice them and braces are a common thing nowadays so its not like you will be an odd one out. i didnt want them at first, but seeing how my teeth are now, im so fkn happy i listened to my mum :P although the plate you have to wear after sucks ass
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Just get em and don't be a pussy...
Are you afraid of being bullied or what is it?
They're ****ing worth it, if you need them of course.
Quote by Izz
Just get em and don't be a pussy...
Are you afraid of being bullied or what is it?
They're ****ing worth it, if you need them of course.

lol they might call him four-eyes next!

but seriously threadstarter nobody cares about braces these days, they're really common
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
My girlfriend put a strong magnet on my tound, it stuck to my braces.

Apparently the girls love them, well, the last 2 girlfriends i had liked them.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Threadstarter, thanks for making this thread.
I am in literally the EXACT same situation. I definately need them, havent been to a dentist but i know that myself. and you guys have helped, I think i'll just get em'.

Thanks guys
Here i am, Another person in the exact same boat. Im going on 17 this year and im getting braces in a few months. I didnt want them but now im really glad im getting them. My friend got them and his teeth look perfect. Trust me perfect teeth and a perfect smile do matter if you want girls. And its true, loads of people have braces. Its nothing odd even at 17.