im just wondering if anybody has as diverse tastes in music as i do

on any one day i could listen to artists such as foo fighters to 2pac

i like rock, punk & hardcore, metal (most types), progressive stuff, blues, easy listening (whatever you call jack johnson and the like), hip hop/rap, even techno
i also hold some form of interest and respect for jazz and most of the subgenres and mixes of the above mentioned styles

some of my favourite artists are: sum41 (dont start with the "ther crap pop-punk" because i would hardly call ther latest albums that), system of a down, mudvayne, nofx, john mayer, jack johnson, powderfinger, foo fighters, parkway drive, nwa, 2pac and cog

does all this mean im messed up? or are ther some of you out ther like me?
Glad to see someone else is like that.

I honestly like most all music whether it be country to rap, beatles to children of bodom.

I believe its good to have an open mind, more people need to see it our way. =P
Quote by soul_power
Serious question. About $1,000 to spend and i really want a monkey. Anyone know where i can get one?

Lol.
no your the only one, your real special, i mean, i bet no one int he whole world likes different genres of music..
whens your biography coming out?
this site is for buttsecks
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
You're real cool dude.
Get over yourself and crawl back into that ditch you came from.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I don't really understand how you can like everything. I mean, there are a lot of genres you probably havent even heard about. But still, it is rather admirable of you to be able to see the beauty in all music.

Personally, If the music sounds good to my ear and the lyrics are about something meaningful Ill enjoy it. I don't want to hear about how rich the singer is, how much they hate their parents, how growing up in the hood made them kill their wife or how the smell of blood gets them horny.

In music, i want to be able to hear the thoughts of the musician through their songs. I want to feel the same emotition the musician is feeling. Im not into songs that reapeat the same tune over and over and over, or songs with mindless shred and riffs.

Other than songs that have those problems i will usually be into anything
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
yeah i'm almost the same way, i like most anything. I've got classical, rap, rock, french music, spanish music, arabe music, punk, metal everything. Of course I have my preferences but I'm ignorant enough (like some people) to rule out entire gernes
I listen to everythin from necrophagist to akon to 2 pac to COB....if it sounds good ill listen.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
my tastes range as far as Cryptopsy, Emperor, Rachmaninov, Muse, Massive Attack, KMFDM, Velvet Acid Christ, Bad Religion, Django Reinhardt, Iron Maiden, Queen, and many others. So does that answer your question?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
ok it seems lots of people think im a bit of a wanker n sound a bit stupid n i guess i do sound like that but all i wondered was if ther was some otha people that enjoyed rock to rap to wateva i dont mean 2 sound like im some special kid n try n be high and mighty
i was just looking to see wat other people enjoyed in a range of music
sorry i came across like a dickhead...
Yeah, Like like all kinds of music. the Doors to Split Enz to Amon Amarth. I even like Wing, especially her Ac Dc tribute album. </sarcasm>
Quote by liledman_76
some of my favourite artists are: sum41 (dont start with the "ther crap pop-punk" because i would hardly call ther latest albums that), system of a down, mudvayne, nofx, john mayer, jack johnson, powderfinger, foo fighters, parkway drive, nwa, 2pac and cog

How can you call your tastes diverse? They're all mainstream pop-rock/rap artists that you'd hear on the radio (except for Parkway Drive - but they've still become a huge 'trend band' in Australia).
SHAME ON YOU for being so open minded!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by Horvat
How can you call your tastes diverse? They're all mainstream pop-rock/rap artists that you'd hear on the radio (except for Parkway Drive - but they've still become a huge 'trend band' in Australia).

mudvayne and system of a down are pop-rock? And i've never heard them on the radio.
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
mudvayne and system of a down are pop-rock? And i've never heard them on the radio.

they're pretty damn popular though, they've both had regular stints on mtv in the past.
Quote by Bullet-Rule

• Pop-rock and nu-metal basically fall under the same category.
  • I've heard them BOTH on the radio, many times.
Quote by unplugtheradio
i hate when people say they like everything.

bet if they heard merzbow they'd take that back.

+1

People who say they like EVERYTHING are ****ing liars, or they don't really care for music, or they just can't be bothered to specify their likes and dislikes.

I myself am pretty open-minded, from DJ Shadow to Nile to Skinny Puppy to Gang Starr to the Dead Kennedys to Aphex Twin to Siouxsie and the Banshees to Genocide Organ.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.