I have a JCM900 4102 (You can touch me if you like) but I want more gain out of it without having to crank it. I think I should get an overdrive. I have about £25-£30 to spend, and I definately want to go ebay as I get most of my stuff there (just bought nano clone!). I've been looking at the boss sd-1, and I see they go for less than £25 on ebay. The ibanez ts7 is also cathing my eye a bit, but I'm not sure. I want a good metal tone, as I play alot of metallica and megadeth, but I also love Zakk Wylde's heavy "Chugging" tone, you know what I'm talking about. I have a fab overdrive at the minute (shut up!), bt I don't think that's suitable.

BTW I will use it alot as a solo booster.

EDIT! Oh, and I could also get a dod 250 or dod yngwie malmsteen on thomann or £30
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jan 8, 2007,
Well I have the Zakk Wylde overdrive, and it's great but noisy as HELL. The only way I can use it is with a noise gate.
I've heard that the Ibanez TS-9 and 808 are the best in the world, I'd check those out as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I've thought about the mxr zw before, but I decided against it. The tubescreamers are pretty dear (The ts-9 is £80+).

I'm not sure whether to get a boss sd-1, or an ibanez ts7, or a dod YJM or 250, or else save my money and buy a high end overdrive in the future (Like maxon or something).
I'd definitely save up. Nothing sucks more than getting a mediocre product and then being able to get a much better one a week later.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Well...... Zakk uses a Boss SD-1......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
No, he used to. He now uses his signature MXR ZW-44 pedal.
I think the SD-1 is better, though.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
The Digitech Bad Monkey is supposed to be a surprisingly good clone of the TS, and it's only $40 (USD).
Quote by duggyrocks
^Is it analog or digital?

I believe it's analog.
What advantages does it have over the sd-1?

Or maybe I should get an eq or something.

Heres my rig:

Ibanez RG321mh with EMGs 81/85, marshall jcm900, ibanez wd-7, dano fab overdrive, ehx small clone.

Suggestions welcome as to what I can add to my rig.
The bad monkey is apparently a tubescreamer clone
i own one it is great
but probably not best for the metallica and megadeth or ZW chugging tone. That wasnt particularly helpful for you was it?
Quote by duggyrocks
Well it helped me make my mind up, I'm ruling the bad monkey out.

That guy isn't using a valve amp with his bad monkey. It will boost your amp fine.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music