ok this is the guitar i have now. pretty much. no name strat copy.

i was wanted to change the pickguard and get fancy pickups to make it look something like this

i did it in paint. horrah

uh so yer. would it be worth the effort and money?
well nothing there is goin to make it a better sounding or playing guitar, your just changing the aesthetics. so it's up to you, if you'r willing to spend the money then go for it.
depends if you're just going to get new pick up covers or if you're gettin completely new pickups for it
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
what wood is the body? if it isn't plywood it may be worth it, also, make sure its routed for that humbucker, and swineheads do fancy colours, but cost a bomb, they may improve the sound a bit, but it'll still play the same, new tuners and bridge may improve tuning stability though...

"You're a MESS!"
haha

its a cheap guitar but plays well. just sounds pretty average. tunings good and all that but ill probably replace those later

the neck is kinda dodgy. any hope in replacing that successfully?
Save up for a better guitar.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Then read Alfi_d's signature

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
hahh

i am saving up for a better guitar. and it shall be awsome. i just want to make this one better. and ill end up taking it to school for music since it wont matter if it gets lost/stolen

thanks for ur oppinions guys
putting in new pickups makes a world of difference, which i did 2 my copy strat, dunno bout fancy colours tho...
Quote by liledman_76
putting in new pickups makes a world of difference, which i did 2 my copy strat, dunno bout fancy colours tho...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Indiana I did it too had a solid body but it may've been two or three ply, and it sounds great now (with Lace Sensor pickups in it). Though I got lucky and scored those pretty cheap on eBay. Normally you have to pay out the ass for them, and then you end up with tones that you weren't after and would be all pissed off about.

As for new pickups I suggest Mighty Mite Alnicos (if you're after a strat sound) or Mighty Mite Double Rails (if you're after hevier tones). I haven't tried them but the reviews are all highly positive and they're cheap as dirt, which basically makes them perfect for an off-brand crap guitar upgrade. Unfortunently I think you'd have to buy covers for them to make them any color other than black or white.