I am planning to get e new amp and pedal of the net (privatereserveguitars.com) but i stay in the middle east and so the voltage supply we get through the power outlet is 220v as opposed to 110 volt which is the RMS voltage in the US.

So will the amp work over here

Thanx
Murt112
You will probably have to have someone rewire the amp, I dont know what would be involved, However I own a Genz Benz El Diablo which has a switch that changes between 115v or 230v. You might try to find other amps with this feature.
Can't you ust get like, a transformer plug thing? When you go abroad, you canget plug adapters,so would one of those work?
It depends on the amp, some amps will do both with a flick of a switch, you'll probably just have to buy a new cable but they're pretty common and cheap.
Vermintide is right. You just need a 110V->220V converter. Just make sure that the converter can take the wattage of the amp. And I'm not talking about the speaker wattage, I'm talking about the amp itself. It should be written somewhere around the power cord.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Well i am planing to get a randall and i dont think it has that switch. I will try to get the transformer but i have no idea of the wattage and since the amp is not available here idk how i will know the wattage cuz incase i get the amp and the transformer of the reqd wattage is not available then there goes the money down the drain

Anyway can u tell me amps which have that switch which are 20 - 30 watts solid state and have a nice gain

And does the original crybaby work on batteries ??
The transformers are also readily available you shouldn't have a problem getting one. Just thought it'd probably be best to just wait til you get the amp before you buy a transformer cause you may not end up needing one.
Threadstarter: You shouldn't choose your amp according to it having a voltage switch on it. That should be the last of your worries. Find out exactly what amp you want, then find out how much wattage it needs to work. Then, get the according transformer. It exists, there's no such thing as an amp that will work in one part of the world and won't work in another.

As for the CryBaby pedal, it can work on 9V batteries or a 9V DC adapter.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Yep like the guy above said, get your amp, then see what's the wattage on it and just ask your local electrics store for an adaptor. Won't be a problem nor it'll cost you much.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Actually the transformers can be quite expensive sometimes. The more wattage the product needs, the bigger and more expensive the transformer will be. My Marshall needs 150W and a transformer for that shouldn't be too expensive, so I'm sure the solid-state Randall amp he wants to get wouldn't need nearly as much.
Although my amp is compatible with 110V-230V, it doesn't even need a transformer.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator