Page 1 of 2
Omfg something amasing has happend to me. Iv never been able to play guitar this fast before and i even did and massive pinch harmonic strum where i did it on more than one string
Cool.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Thanks for sharing your success.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by striker327
i think im shredding exept picking the notes

wait... what?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
keep doing this as well as desending
E----------7------10-----------------------------
A--------------------------7---8--9--------------
D-----------------------------------------7---9---

i did it for a day or 2 and i can play faster
u mean.....

D---------------------------7--9----
A---------------7--8--9-------------
E-----7--10------------------------

????
you joined a year ago so I'm guessin you've been playin at least that long. and you're amazed at the fact your doing hammer ons and pull offs but picking them... wot u mean like regular picking?!?! ZOMG!

not to rain on your parade or anything

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
man i'm 2taly shreddin' on dat lik u psoted its so KEWL dood u jus maed mai gutar plaing 100 timez betrrrrr i can srhed liek malstyn now !!!!!!!1111111one
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
man i'm 2taly shreddin' on dat lik u psoted its so KEWL dood u jus maed mai gutar plaing 100 timez betrrrrr i can srhed liek malstyn now !!!!!!!1111111one

ino its really weird isnt it
ok then

*backs away slowly taking care not to make any sudden movements or noises*

*snap*

oh shit a twig! Run!

*runs like hell to get away from the crazy guy*

Quote by element4433
wow...u can actually pick a note!!! omfg move over steve vai and welcome this guy who can not only pick a note but can do a pull off
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
nono im not that good but i can do it, i cant fully shred like i dont no any appegios i just play fast in the pentatonic and blues scales
Get a new amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by xblack_sabbathx
wow...u can actually pick a note!!! omfg move over steve vai and welcome this guy who can not only pick a note but can do a pull off

if thats sarcastic talk, then u dont get wat i meen. wat im saying is that iv been able to do pull offs and hamer ons for ages it was like the first thing i learnt. i could only shredd/play really fast since today
Last edited by striker327 at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by striker327
i am soon, probably get a fender amp

as long as you don't mean a solid state fender amp ;p because that'd be replacing one bad thing for another ;P
Quote by striker327
ino its really weird isnt it

Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by soldar
as long as you don't mean a solid state fender amp ;p because that'd be replacing one bad thing for another ;P
SS Fenders have decent cleans. The distortion is horrible, though.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
SS Fenders have decent cleans. The distortion is horrible, though.

agreed, i have one

and to the thread starter, if you pick hammer ons and pull offs, you're just doing regular picking (if you're pikcing both notes)
^ He's not going to give you a cookie.

Someone offered me a cookie on this forum and when I called him up on it, he never delivered. Damnit, I had milk and everything.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by dustinp
you want a cookie dude. all you did was improve your pick hand technique. You're probrably moving your elbow now instead of your wrist, and you're noticing the speed improvement. your on your way man, dont celebrate yet though.

You're supposed to pick from your wrist, not your elbow. Picking from your elbow causes tension and I think gives you carpal tunnel or tendonitis or RSI.
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Scorzerci
You're supposed to pick from your wrist, not your elbow. Picking from your elbow causes tension and I think gives you carpal tunnel or tendonitis or RSI.

You're suppose to use a hybrid of both, some wrist and some elbow movement.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by striker327
if thats sarcastic talk, then u dont get wat i meen. wat im saying is that iv been able to do pull offs and hamer ons for ages it was like the first thing i learnt. i could only shredd/play really fast since today

got up this morning and was able to shred? lol
that happened to me before the summer on day i sucked extremly and the next day i notised thet i did not suck as bad it was awsome
Quote by mituozo
got up this morning and was able to shred? lol

thats what I was thinking

also TS judging by what you said you cant play scales fast, and can pick fast in general, thats very good, now we can go off to the land of the antelopes and dance and play random notes super fast, because we can shred lol
Quote by Bazilisck311
You're suppose to use a hybrid of both, some wrist and some elbow movement.

Yeah, but the elbow movement is for switching strings though, not for the actual picking.
maybe it would help if you showed us a youtube vid or something?
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
Page 1 of 2